FYI 2nd Gear Recall

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
After the 2nd gear recall on my 2019 ES, I could tell it was not the same bike. After talking to the dealer who did the work, I realized there was no way to undo the ECU reflash. I found a used ECU from a low mileage 2016 FJR and replaced it for the reflashed one. Lo and behold, my old friend came back to life.  I am as happy as a newly elected DC politician.😁 Set for life....  PS.  It looks as though Yamaha has updated the new ECU's with a new part number. My Yamaha dealer tells me that the new ECU has probably been updated to comply with the 2nd gear reflash recall.  HTH

Good info. My 2018 performs just as well post recall as before. The shop did a superb job.

That said, a spare ecu cannot be a bad thing to have. Glad it worked out.

A new racall is out to address teh ECU issue after the 2nd gear recall. I had filed a complaint with the NHTSA and apparently enough of us did the same. I just got mine today. Its states that the 2nd gear ECU reflash may be "overly restrictive" - which I agree completely.

Status
Not open for further replies.