FZ1 Mirror Installation Another Perspective

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really thinking about this mod. Makes a lot of sense.Just checking eBay, and found a zillion of these for $32. Anyone try them? Wondering if they fold, and if "Racing" means that they have smaller lenses than other mirrors.
As I stated in this post above, the cheap non-Yamaha mirrors do NOT fold back and will break. You can get the real OEM pair for under $100 including shipping.

Take your chance either way. I have no regrets getting these, love them. On of the cheapest and definitely easiest farkles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Get them. you won't be sorry.
Question is this from me, what yr will fit the 08's?

Anyone with an 08 out there do this mod? Let me know what yr fz mirrors you have.

Thanks.
MojaveFJR - Go online to either MRcycles or Bike bandit or other Yamaha OEM parts place and look up the part number of the mirror for the 08 Vs the 07 or 06. Some other Gen2's have done this, and if the mirrors are the same part number they should fit. The mirror could be a different part number for another reason maybe not the mounting point.

Good luck.

I got mine from Ron Ayers and at the time two months ago the cost was about $44.95 per, one part number is 5LV-26290-00, the other is 5LV-26280-00. Get the Yamaha OEM.

Those OEM Yamaha part numbers are whats exactly on my 2007, same as 2006 and 2008 too. They are held on by nuts, you will have to remove plastic panels in the dash area to access.