FZ1 Mirror Installation

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BullCBX

Reaction score
I have my new set of FZ1 mirrors and was planning on installing them this weekend. For those who have done this already, about how much time was required? Did a large portion of the fairing panels need to be removed to get the necessary access? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BULL

Real easy instal, I just removed the black top fairing panels, 2 on the right and 2 on the left.

If you got the EMGO ones, I would recommend intentionally breaking the retaining rivet that holds the tensioning springs on the mounting bracket of the mirrors and replacing them with a bolt and a lock nut.

You'll thank me later,

Skippy

The four top panels surrounding the dash have to come off ( others have to be loosened) . Take your time and it will be an easy job...the top panels can be tricky. I don't remember how long the whole procedure took but it is not tough to do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the quick reponse guys. I did snag a good set of factory ones from a damaged FZ1 off ebay. They are in as good a shape as the ones I have on there (since my FJR fell over at teh last EOM). O well. It happens.

Thanks Again.

BULL