FZ1 Mirror Questions

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tesla

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]About to buy 1st Gen FZ1 mirrors for the 07. Got a few questions before I do. [/SIZE]

Anyone here know anything about D2Moto? They have a pair for $26.90. Sounds too good to be true. Who are you guys buying these from?

Anyone paint the stalks to match the bikes?

Are the little stick on wide angle mirrors just as good as the FZ1's?

The cheap ones are great. For about a week. They get where they don't hold adjustment, the finish is not the same.

They are not FZ-1 mirrors, the are mirrors that fit an FZ-1. There's a big difference. By the time you've had to replace them twice, you've paid for genuine Yammy mirrors.

The cheap ones are great. For about a week. They get where they don't hold adjustment, the finish is not the same.
They are not FZ-1 mirrors, the are mirrors that fit an FZ-1. There's a big difference. By the time you've had to replace them twice, you've paid for genuine Yammy mirrors.

+1 on that. I scored mine from eBay. They sucked.

Ditto. I went back to stock and am throwing the POS ebay jobs right out. Not only wouldn't stay in place, one mirror surface has a big dimple in the middle that makes them as helpful as funhouse mirrors.

By the way, I've think I recall hearing that factory FZ-1 mirrors fall under "Gen I" and "Gen II" categories (their generations, that is), and that the Gen I mirrors are cheaper, and I think I heard, superior to the Gen II ones, AND that either Gen I or Gen II FZ-1 mirrors fit BOTH FJR generations. Can anyone confirm or refute all that? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: