Garauld Highway Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiteflyer

Reaction score
After missing out on Wild Bills Highway Plates due to his untimely demise, I was at a loss about what to do before my Alaska trip this coming June. Fortunately, Gary of Garauld Techworks saw my posts and mailed me with his idea.

Today I received my new highway plates: the workmanship is superb, the powder coating is the best I have seen to date. Cudo's to Gary and Garauld Techworks. I now have a very fine set of plates that will look great and work well for years to come. I'll provide pics when I get them installed.

Cheers,

-Paul

Glad you like them Paul. I would never have undercut WB while he was still around making them. I hope you have a nice trip in June...
ok.gif

Glad you like them Paul. I would never have undercut WB while he was still around making them. I hope you have a nice trip in June...
ok.gif
This pearl, by the way, is one example of why Garauld is one of the few exceptions allowed to engage in commercial activity on this site. Keep the magic up Garauld. ;)

Can't wait to get mine! Highway pegs are one of the main ingredients for me to be able to multi-state tour. I have to get a southern states loop in before it gets too hot down here!!!

Am I missing something? I have my plates and pegs installed, but with the fairing, it's not that easy to use the highway pegs. My legs hit the rear of the fairing.

OBTW-

If the footpegs were about 3 inches longer, my legs would clear the lower fairing. FYI - I have 32" inseam, and seat is set to high position.

Am I missing something? I have my plates and pegs installed, but with the fairing, it's not that easy to use the highway pegs. My legs hit the rear of the fairing.
You're not the only one. I felt the fairing on my shins at first, some of us have adjusted to it. Others have picked up Kuryakin pegs with extensions.

Garauld-

Yeah, 3 inches is probably too long. Would 2 inches work, without scraping too much? I'm not a very aggressive rider, but still wouldn't want to be scraping. Maybe when I get home I'll bolt on some extensions, just to see what happens. It's only the pegs - the plates are perfect.

The other thing to keep in mind when adding extensions is to try and reduce your weight on the pegs due to the extra leverage you have on the plate mounting screws. They tap right into the engine cases and if you break them, it would get ugly...
uhoh.gif

Gary-

Do you know of this happeneing to anyone? I used the pegs briefly yesterday, but I'm kind of afraid to use them! I'll try to be careful.