Garauld Highway Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put a set of Gary's brackets and pegs on my bike last weekend. The powder coating is a perfect match to the engine. Installation took less than 10 minutes (had to find the torque wrench and loctite). Great job Gary!

A word of caution on using Kuryakyn offset pegs in this application. I have them on my 2006 mounted on Wild Bill's brackets, rotated forward to let me unwind my knees a little more. Travelling across Montana last year at an award-worthy velocity the right one suddenly released, rotating forward/downward and very nearly dumped my foot onto the pavement. This despite serious torqueing of Kuryakyn's bolt and the use of Loctite red. A breathtaking moment.

I have since remounted, cross-drilled through the bracket and bolt, and driven some drillrod through it. I got no reply from Kuryakyn to my suggestion on use of a reverse thread on one bracket. I think that means the product is unchanged. The cross-drilled pin approach is unsophisticated, but it works.