• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garauld Hiway Peg Mounting Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not to popo on this setup because it is a great product but I can tell you that the Wild Bill version will touch down if you ride aggressive. Pegs folded up, the mounting stud can and will drag. If you don't normally touch your stock pegs then no worries. I have this set-up and like it for longer rides. Just passing on some learnings.

Canadian FJR
And if you glance over at his avatar, you can see he's been trying to figure out how to deal with that.
rolleyes.gif

Thank you Gary, got mine in the mail a week after ordering without any hassels from the cross boarder shipping. Have only had time to install the left side so far and the parts look great, thanks again.

Gary, just put your plates on my bike with a set of Kuryakan Black Hwy pegs.

They look really good together,and your plates went on real easy.

Nice job on the powder coat and the color matches perfectly.

In two weeks I have a trip planed to Death Valley. I'm sure there going

to help my legs from cramping up so much.

Thanks for a great product,and ride safe.

Thanks Gary received and installed, look good.

Couple of notes for others , on right hand you do need to loosen the fairing to get behind, used loctite, so should not need to loosen again, and as I found out fit the peg bolt before tightening the plates, as there wasn't enough space between the hose and the plate after.

But took me only 15 mins for both sides

Yes, on the Gen1 & Gen2 bikes, the right side fairing stay bolt needs to be removed so the panel can be pulled out a bit to get the new bolts in. I do not recommend loctite on the fairing bolts, however, as these are meant to be removable. They've not loosened on mine.

Got the plates a week after I ordered them but did not do the install until today, Sunday. Installation was simple and the right fairing needed to be loosened to make room for working with the bolts. They look great and felt good on my ride through the desert to Barstow this evening.

Got the mounting plates and pegs much sooner than I expected, especially since Gary had to whip up a batch to fill my order. Nice bit of kit! Very well made. Powder coating blends the pegs and brackets in nicely. Well chuffed I am. Thanks Gary!

torque specs?

The manual says 12 N-M or 8.7 ft-lb, or 104 in-lb.
Yeah I had to dig through it last night, and I think I noticed one of the bolts on each side was 11ft-lbs.

But the PDF I was looking at was online and was a PITA to read.

Thanks for the info. Fit and Finish are top shelf. Can't wait to try them out. Took me about 20 minutes to install on a 2008 because the plastic is tough to deal with on right side.

Not to popo on this setup because it is a great product but I can tell you that the Wild Bill version will touch down if you ride aggressive. Pegs folded up, the mounting stud can and will drag. If you don't normally touch your stock pegs then no worries. I have this set-up and like it for longer rides. Just passing on some learnings.

Canadian FJR
And if you glance over at his avatar, you can see he's been trying to figure out how to deal with that.
rolleyes.gif
I too love that avatar, wish I could be that relaxed.

Pegs and plates arrived today. Install was easy. Very nice product Gary! I can see where they will be handy on the long rides, which hopefully will happen this weekend...
bike.gif