• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garauld Hiway Peg Mounting Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am making up sets of highway peg mounting plates (similar to the ones Wild Bill used to make) and am now offering to make more for sale to fellow riders. These will fit any model year and come with all necessary hardware as shown in the following pictures. I would provide these powdercoated in medium engine case gray (first image) or silver (for Gen3's - 2nd image) - your choice. Other colors are available at n/c. Delivered cost stateside is $60. For an aditional $30, I can provide you a set of pegs like as shown in the second image powdercoated your color choice or left factory chromed. If you have a different peg selection in mind, have the vendor send them to me and I will powdercoat them at no extra charge. PM me if interested or if you want more info.

P1020308_zps318bee60.jpg

P1020309_zps60414e41.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will it fit with the longer Purolator oil filter? You know, the ugly yellow things?
Possibly. I've never used one of them. If you have interference, I'd consider making up a special for you. I'm hesitant to remove too much material from the bracket, however. If there was interference, it only takes a minute to remove the bracket.
rolleyes.gif

Nice, will the powder coating hold up on the pegs after much use? I tried it on some buell pegs used to lower the position on my last C14, but with every day use like that they looked like hell in just a short time.... I feel sure they will be much better with the much less use, but just wondering. This newly acquired 08 FJR sure doesn't need chrome pegs sticking out on the sides of this great looking black bike!
smile.png

Do the optional pegs operate like the stock passenger pegs, or do they flip up automatically when not in use?

The optional pegs are generic asian-made universal pegs that have no spring-return feature. I just snug down on the pivot bolts so I can pull them up with my toe when I don't use them and they stay up. Actually, I like having them stay down as I don't have much trouble finding them when I need to. I believe they are the same ones WB used to offer. If you plan to use a Kuryakin peg, I will need to drill the peg mounting holes larger as they use a larger bolt.

Gary,

Sign me up!

I'll take a set including the pegs. Can you powdercoat the pegs black in the same grey color as the plates?

Look great! I'll pm you with my PayPal ID for payment.

Will it fit with the longer Purolator oil filter? You know, the ugly yellow things?
Possibly. I've never used one of them. If you have interference, I'd consider making up a special for you. I'm hesitant to remove too much material from the bracket, however. If there was interference, it only takes a minute to remove the bracket.
rolleyes.gif
You will have to remove two of the three bolts to swing the mount out of the way to remove theoil filter easily.