• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garauld Hiway Peg Mounting Plates

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just received my plates and pegs and they look and fit just great. You would think they came stock with the bike as they blend in so well.

Top quality work as others have said and can't wait to get out there and enjoy the ride even more.

Thanks Garauld.

Steve

What is the procedure to purchasing a set of plates and pegs?

What is the procedure to purchasing a set of plates and pegs?

Has anyone installed oem-style FJR footpegs on the highway peg plates? If so, where did you source the adapter needed to attach them to the plate?

Friends did I miss a photo of these installed?

Please advise. Alos was conjuring up in my mind some sort of fold-out extensions from my frame sliders....something to give my longs legs and extension break on looooong rides? Anyone?

Thank you bunches!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for interest, had the FJR on the track (streets of willow) yesterday, and my right highway peg vibrated down (nut needs to be TIGHT or pegs zip tied up), and even down, only touched when at max lean in the bowl at turn 8.

20140426_142528_zpsh2b21nkl.jpg

20140426_142622_zpszje5bqct.jpg

20140426_142709_zpsauuzl0sl.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Will the brackets (and the legs rest on it) cause undue stress on the engine case bolt holes?
I've had mine on for years and use them all the time with no issues. I've not heard of any situations where the screws pulled out of the cases with the pegs mounted. I would not recommend standing on them if it were possible.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="garauld" data-cid="1166890" data-time="1407237095"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'><p>Will the brackets (and the legs rest on it) cause undue stress on the engine case bolt holes?</p></blockquote>

I've had mine on for years and use them all the time with no issues. I've not heard of any situations where the screws pulled out of the cases with the pegs mounted. I would not recommend standing on them if it were possible.</p></blockquote>

Thanks for the inputs! Pm you for instructions to buy.