Garauld (on this forum)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another satisfied customer.

The paint matches perfect and it was a very quick turn around time.

And the cost, even with shipping, was reasonable.

Thanks Garauld! :thumbsup:

I agree on all said! Got a rack and rest from Garauld and it is top quality. Attention to detail is incredible and 2 thumbs waaay up for Garauld.

rest1.jpg

PDF of pix of rack and rest by Garauld, click here

I laid my blue '06 down last year on the way to the twisties in 'sconsin. Damage to right mirror, bag lid and fairing. Ended up just getting a new to me fairing on ebay cuz the original had a hole wore thru it.

Was turned on to Gerauld by the forum as someone that would do good work at a fair price. Contacted Gary- no prob, he said, send the parts with a check to cover repair and return shipping cost.

Got the parts back this week and they look GREAT!!!!! Can't tell you how happy I am to have my bike back together with parts that look great.

I highly recommend Gerauld/Gary if you have any panels that need repair. Very nice work at a fair price. Awesome! :D :D

Just installed my small rack from Gary. Looks great! The bike looks like it came stock with it.

Thanks Garauld.

+1 to everything said here.

I recently purchased a gen 1 backrest from Gary and the quality blows my mind (my wife couldn't believe it was "home made"). Thanks Gary!

Gary painted up a set of bags I bought to replace some I scratched on my ride. Biought 'em on Ebay and had them drop-shipped to Gary; That way I was simply never without a set of bags.

Packing? Gary shipped them to me in original Yamaha boxes and covered all of the painted surfaces prior to wrapping them in plastic.

Perfact color match, great finish . . . oiur transaction took a while, but then I wasn't in a hurry and told Gary to wait. Now I have 2 sets of bags - one for show and one to work - my almost-16 year old daughter wants me to cut the spares open like Duke has so she and I can ride with the dogs.

I've also got a set of his driving light mounts; Another flawless product.

Keep up the great work.

Hello, just recieved my sidebags and Givi rack back from Garauld... Glad I saw his name on the forum, because his work is excellent... Not only that but the turnaround time was exceptional and pricing was reasonable...Wishing I had taken the "before and after" pics, but take me at my word. Thanks again Gary, I'll look to you in the future (then again, "I HOPE NOT!"..) Kevin

I bought Gary's backrest about 4 years ago. It's held up great. My wife won't ride without it. I'd vouch for the quality of his product any time.

I'm very happy with the fit, finish, color match, and price of my large luggage rack/backrest that I got from Garauld.

I sent him my own pad and he mounted it to his backrest and shipped it all back, super nice work.

Wow! The pictures just don't do his racks justice! Though it's been said many times, many ways. . . (think: Bing Crosby) Gary's racks are an absolute top-notch work of artistry! The fabrication and color matching is just superb! I guarantee, anyone who would like to have extra storage space on the bike without the confines of a top trunk, this is an absolutely "must have" farkle! Think about it, when has there been a time when you wanted to or would've like to have carried an item that is either oversized or just won't fit into one of your hard bags? This rack opens up a whole new dimension to having the ability to carry extra items! You can bungee strap or tie-down almost anything to it. It is extremely versatile in it's potential uses from what I can see. Obviously, you're not going to carry heavy-weight objects, but for those odd, or oversized items, it just can't be beat.

And, Garauld was excellent in working around my "special needs" and was patient and responsive to all of my questions. Whats more, he even had the integrity to send along a partial refund check from the pre-paid order becuase the production cost was cheaper than originally planned! Thank you, Gary!

I know on my next trip to Maine, I'll definitely have more space for clam chowder!

Wow! The pictures just don't do his racks justice! Though it's been said many times, many ways. . . (think: Bing Crosby) Gary's racks are an absolute top-notch work of artistry! The fabrication and color matching is just superb! I guarantee, anyone who would like to have extra storage space on the bike without the confines of a top trunk, this is an absolutely "must have" farkle! Think about it, when has there been a time when you wanted to or would've like to have carried an item that is either oversized or just won't fit into one of your hard bags? This rack opens up a whole new dimension to having the ability to carry extra items! You can bungee strap or tie-down almost anything to it. It is extremely versatile in it's potential uses from what I can see. Obviously, you're not going to carry heavy-weight objects, but for those odd, or oversized items, it just can't be beat.
And, Garauld was excellent in working around my "special needs" and was patient and responsive to all of my questions. Whats more, he even had the integrity to send along a partial refund check from the pre-paid order becuase the production cost was cheaper than originally planned! Thank you, Gary!

I know on my next trip to Maine, I'll definitely have more space for clam chowder!

Thank-you Gary for your Great products and service! Last year I received a $50 gift certificate at CFR -2009, good for a pair of light brackets or it could go towards another purchase. I finally in mid Feb 2010 contacted Gary with a request for his Radar detector mounting plate instead of the light mounts... without hesitation and really no proof I indeed did have a $50 gift cert. Garauld shipped at his cost and immediately to me the requested item! The fit and finish is excellent and though it is a simple item it makes mounting my detector slam dunk easy! If you need something GARAULD makes or other services he offers I recommend him whole heartedly!

Mark Griffiths (jmgrif)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he must have already had them made up because he is turning down work now. Says he is taking a sabbatical from making his fine accessories and is just going to work on restoring his old bike and take care of honey do's. Hasn't said how long all this is going to take. Mentioned something about burnout also. I've been trying to find someone else to make me a backrest with the rack and haven't found anything close to his work and price.

Come on Gary, just one more for little old me.

GP

Thank you Garauld. Great paint job. I am really happy with the smuggler and the paint is wonderful. I haven't had the side bags on since the day I put the smuggler on. I hope to buy your tail rack someday.

Mark

Gary just refinished both of my case lids and the front fender. Yamaha paint work isn't all that great and IMO Gary's job looked better than new. Plus, he worked fast and for a great price. I think there would be quite a few more mangled looking FJRs if not for Gary.

Thank-you Gary for your Great products and service! Last year I received a $50 gift certificate at CFR -2009, good for a pair of light brackets or it could go towards another purchase. I finally in mid Feb 2010 contacted Gary with a request for his Radar detector mounting plate instead of the light mounts... without hesitation and really no proof I indeed did have a $50 gift cert. Garauld shipped at his cost and immediately to me the requested item! The fit and finish is excellent and though it is a simple item it makes mounting my detector slam dunk easy! If you need something GARAULD makes or other services he offers I recommend him whole heartedly!

Mark Griffiths (jmgrif)
I liked it so much I bought one! Fits like a glove and shipped the same day I ordered it! Well done Gary! I will be calling you when I get to the east coast?

Mark

I love the muffler cones he makes, had 'em on for about a year. When I see an FJR without them, it looks unfinished. Just got a set of auxiliary driving light brackets from him. Same first rate quality, fit and finish. The guy is quite an asset to the FJR community.

Just sent garauld a note today indicating that I lost the spacer for one of the "C brackets" on my removeable backrest. I had purchased this YEARS ago for my 2004.

Asking him what the material was so I could try to find the replacement material locally...instead he is mailing me replacement material himself!! Wouldn't take any money for it either.

Thanks Garauld!!

This is the MAN you need to see for any of this stuff!! Quality product made by a quality individual!!!

Garauld sanded out the scratches and painted my bag after the bike was knocked over. Looks as good or better than new now. Great work, great price, he got it done very quickly, and he's a great guy too.