Garauld (on this forum)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unbelievable finish on rack and backrest. Eventhough we are under a few feet of snow in Minnesota I ordered a large rack and backrest from Garauld (Christmas present for me). Like I told Gary, if it fits as good as the finish is, I'll be a happy camper. I am truely envious of Garys ability and can not wait until spring.

Dan

Gary repainted the rack off my 06 to match my 08, and painted my new light brackets to match at the same time.

As always speedy and everything is first quality.

Yep! Another job well done by Gary. I had to refinish my side bags after I threw Miss Piggy into the ditch

Ouch!

They came back promptly and like brand new with all the appropriate mounting hardware.

Thanks Gary!!

Just wanted to add Gary did a great job on my left back lid. He even installed the new rubber strip and reflector it came back in about a week and he even included the rivots for the hinges. Thanks Gary..

Well, another satisfied customer; RAVING FAN!!!! :clapping: :clapping:

Sent my 04' Cerulean Silver side case lid, that tumbled down the road during the get-off--to Garauld of course.

And in less than a week, I received back a beautiful 'Raven Black (08' color) lid with a smooth finish; :yahoo: :yahoo:

matches the left side showroom 08' case I got perfectly...

Truly awesome job, and very much appreciated.

FJR-RR

I have to join the raving fan club as well. Gary powder coated a few small pieces for me. The price was excellent, the turn-around was quick, and he is a pleasure and gentleman to deal with. THANK YOU! Chris

Friends, I would like to also give HUGE KUDO'S to Garauld. I had purchased a new '08 gas tank from a dealer in Tennessee,off of E-bad. The tank was damaged ,a couple dings & what looked like road rash on the right corner closest to the rider.Well when I opened the box the tank was a little more damaged than what could be seen in the pictures(what a surprise).

I contacted Gary & he said that he would have the time & it would be $140. to start & if there was more time that he had to spend on it,he would add that on.

Well I sent it to him & he sent me a note that he got it ok.He got it done & ready to be picked up in about 7 days.Through that time he sent a note to update me on the progress.

When it was done we arranged a time on the weekend to go & pick up the tank.We drove down from Rochester,NY & it took a couple hours to get there.When we got there I had the great pleasure of finaly meeting "The Wizard". Gary had the tank sitting out on a picknick table in the sun .With the '06 blue sparkleing. It was like brand new ! He charged me another $20.

for all his efforts.I really believe he is a credit to his work & to the Forum.If you need something done for your bike-fabrication or paint, You Can't Go Wrong with Garauld !

ps. I also got a tour of the work shop where the MAGIC happenes ! Sliick :yahoo:

++++1 on everything said about Gary. Especially the comment on his packing and shipping. He really cares a lot about all his work, and it shows.

Did a great job on my 07 fjr mirror and saddlebag. Very reasonable on his price. If I need other parts done, Gary you have my business.

Hi guys,

Just want to thank Gary for the great job he did on my saddlebag.

The bag fell off the bike at ~15 mph going over the bump, so it was not just scratched, but cracked - a squire inch piece was broke loose coming off the cover.

I contacted Gary via email (thanks to this forum!) and got an immediate response with a quote, procedure and timeline based on the pictures I sent.

When I got my bag back last week right on time as promised....

Let me tell you something - when it comes to buying used cars, all my friends come to me asking to check it for the paintwork on it. I don't need a paint meter to determine if it is panted or not, I just need to walk around and I will pretty much know what is wrong or at least where to double-check for repaint etc. And it is not just the paint mach, it also the details that will tell you if it was repainted or not - that is how picky I am! :) So, based on the quote Gary provided, I was not expecting anything but a temporary fix until I have an extra money to buy a new one...

Long story short - I was completely satisfied with the job Gary did on my bag, and as a result - extremely happy! This bag definitely stays and there is no need to replace it! The whole process was also very smooth and painless!

Gary, thank you very much! I really appreciate your help. The bag is like new! And what is most important to me - I love dealing with someone who care for what he is doing and paying attention to the details of the entire process.

Thank you and best regards!

Valentin

P.S When I tried to install my first rivet I of cause screwed it up, and how big my surprise was when I found an extra one in a bag, sent to me by Gary. It would not be a big deal for me to run to Home Depot to get one, but still - another pleasant surprise!

I'd like to add another thumbs up for Gary's work and attention to detail. I wanted a rack for my Gen 1 without having to get rid of the Sergeant backrest hardware that bolts through the original rack into the tail bulkhead. A couple of emails and some pics and he said it would work. The rack installed with such precision I didn't have to remove the Sergeant hardware to slide his rack in between. The packing was great and included a bubble wrap bag that was perfect to store the original rack in. The rack looks great and is so much more useful than the stock rack! I highly recommend this or anything he offers. Thanks again Gary.

I'll keep this short because I'm posting from my phone, but Garauld's work is first rate. I sadly joined the crash club last fall and was dreading the thought of buying a new bag. No need. Here is a before and after. Thanks again!!!!

c00f9806.jpg

0c86ad90.jpg

d2790b18.jpg

I ordered a large rack from Gary and had it in about a week. He painted it to match my bike and it came out excellent. Would recommend highly.

I recently received the lid for my left side case from Garauld and could hardly believe the quality of Gary's work. I can put the two cases side by side and cannot tell any difference between the Garauld painted lid and the factory painted lid other than a few scratches in my factory lid. I will never even consider anyone else to do any painting on my bike nor should any of you.

I too had my right hand saddle bag cover done by Gary. His work is fantastic and his communication and turn around time is top notch as well. Now that I see how nice the one side turned out, it makes me wish I sent the other one as well. O well, there’s always next time. Thanks again Gary! Your support and service to our little community is really appreciated.

George "BULL" Newman

Just received a set of black matte tailcones from Gary. As usual a great addition to the bike and Gary's communication and timely shipping is very nice. What an asset to the FJR community!!!

Just installed my engine gray tail cones over the weekend - awesome improvement in appearance and sound, after doing the Trooper mod at the same time. Thanks for a quality product, Garauld!