Garauld (on this forum)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just received my sport rack, for my '16, from Garauld. Excellent workmanship, blazing shipping, and sturdy packaging. Emailing with him was professional and personal. I wouldn't hesitate one bit to order something else from him!

Purchased a stiffy kit and hydration system. Gary's attention to detail, customer satisfaction and communications is second to none!

I have installed the stiffy kit - which fit perfectly. The included instructions along with the installation forum post (linked on the instruction sheet) took the mystery out of the installation. The only issue was the idiot holding the wrench and Yamaha tupperware fitment and fastening.

The hydration kit is of the same high quality as the the stiffy kit. I have not installed it yet but the2 bolt footpeg rubber removal and subsequent hose routing seems easy enough.

My compliments to his service and quality products.

Shout out to Gary for another great product. Just received and installed one of his 1/2 gallon hydration systems. Wow, like all the stuff he makes the fit and finish is fantabulous, easy to follow instructions and works fine too. Great supplier with great products. Thanks Gary

Another fine product delivered quickly . . . ordered the Gary rack with tang's for future addition of backrest back in 2014 . . . this year a couple months back sent email to order the rack. Other than asking for payment by Paypal he asked for a c to c measure on the tang holes . . . I took the measurement several times, seemed to be more or less accurate, he asked for "within a mm" . . . no micrometer, just rough by eye . . . seemed to work out just fine--new Backrest bolted up clean and tidy. On the maiden test voyage the better half says "It's great" . . . btw that's who the BR was for due to her "diminished enthusiasm" for riding with me after approx. 30 years of riding together . . . might help . . . .

Only problem was one of the allen head bolts seemed to strip on the allen side with hand pressure from a 6" ratchet 3/8 drive . . . which means that my idea of EZ on EZ off for the BR is now . . . permanently EZ on . . . . Other than that, excellent build quality, fast delivery . . . bolted right up.

Just received my second Hydration Kit from Gary. (I unwisely let the first one go with the bike when I sold my first '16 ES.) This is an absolute necessity for healthy LD riding. Also handy, with wicking undergarments, when riding in really hot temperatures. (Fill mouth with cold water from hydration kit; open mouth, allowing cold water to run down chin and neck, then saturate T-shirt. Use shots of air up jacket sleeves to produce evaporative cooling.)
exhappysmiley.png
I ordered the one-gallon size... pretty much eliminates the need for a mid-day refill in most conditions. I'm sure the half-gallon kit is a bit less obtrusive on the bike.

Everything in this kit is top quality, and the price is reasonable for what you get. If you plan to do big miles ...get one.

Another satisfied customer (again!)

Thanks, Gary, for the awesome rack and removable passenger backrest. It arrived today and I installed it immediately. Excellent workmanship, quality, and service. (As usual!) I'm certain that my better half (Donna) will be most appreciative too!
smile.png

Also, thanks for the mini-level!

20190809_131539%5B1%5D.jpg
20190809_131548%5B1%5D.jpg

20190809_131601%5B1%5D.jpg
20190809_131611%5B1%5D.jpg

20190809_131621%5B1%5D.jpg
20190809_131630.jpg

A little overdue but a huge thumbs up to Garauld. I used his super big Givi modified double rear rack on my trip to Alaska. Moto fizz bag on the front, all my camping gear on the rear. Very sturdy with plenty of mounting locations.

Canadian FJR

I banged up my 2006 on the way to the Reuben Run. My right side case cover was already scratched up but I really gouged up the left side in the spill. I also bent up my MCL left side highway peg plate. Garauld repaired and refinished both of the covers and sold me one of his left-hand highway peg plates all for half the price of buying one side case. No, of course you can't just buy a cover.  The finish on the covers was fantastic and I couldn't even find the crack by the hinge on the right-hand cover. I definitely recommend his work as both high-quality and cost-effective.

My riding friend also named Gary had Gary paint his 2012 bag covers which were scratched from various mishaps. The covers were sent to Gary from Oregon and returned looking factory fresh. Gary also sent detailed instructions on how to re-rivet the covers to the hinges. Very impressed with Gary's work and attention to detail.