• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garauld Refreshment System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived Friday. I'll install today. As everyone else has noted, it's a very nice design with careful quality construction. I look forward to having it on the bike.

Great idea. I like the thought of taking the weight off my shoulders via a camelback and let the bike do the hauling. I use a Geigerrig setup that you pump up via a blood pressure cuff bulb and it eliminates the sucking. You bite the valve and it sprays in your mouth. Maybe Gerauld can make one of these up with a Hudson sprayer. lol.. Pump and spray.. I'm definitely considering this one. Just not sure where to mount. I carry a passenger a lot. Would be sweet to have some type of bracket that would mount to the back of one of the saddlebags and hold it... But the shape of the bags on the FJR would make that difficult I would imagine..

Actually, I have made a couple up that mount to the rear of the saddlebags and yes, the shape of the bags made it an interesting design challenge. The design required a pair of holes drilled thru the bag housing for mounting bolts. Here's a pic of them mounted:

S_Ely1_zps5cdd3007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary I decided to go the other route and follow Bounce's idea of Hydration in a bag. Spent $130 on some Aerostich panniers that were supposed to hold 1 gallon jugs and they don't. Ends up the jugs that Bounce used are 10 years old and not made anymore so either I use 1/2 gallon jugs or start over. So now I'm back looking at your system again. I really wanted something that was easy off and easy on like the bags that Bounce had but they are not to be. I need 1 gallon per side since it is well over 100 degrees on most summer riding days. I do have a few questions about your system. How do they mount to the pegs? I saw someone did a mount similar to yours where you take the rubber off the passenger footpeg and put in a bolt. Is that how your's mounts? Is this system easy on easy off? I really like your rear side case mount best but something freaks me out about drilling holes in my side case. Just don't think I wanna do that to them or I would be all over that system. Lastly what mount system seems to be the better of the 2? The metal strap or nylon strap for securing the igloo? Thanks for you help. Should be ordering soon. Just need a few questions answered.. Do you have any photo's of how it actually mounts to the footpeg?

The rubbers are removed from the pegs (they are held on with a couple screws) and a new pair of M6 screws and nyloc nuts hold the jug base down. You can remove the base and put the rubbers back on in a couple minutes. Either method is secure, but I (and the LD riders) like the clamps as it is quicker to remove and reinsert the jug.

The rubbers are removed from the pegs (they are held on with a couple screws) and a new pair of M6 screws and nyloc nuts hold the jug base down. You can remove the base and put the rubbers back on in a couple minutes. Either method is secure, but I (and the LD riders) like the clamps as it is quicker to remove and reinsert the jug.
Sweet. Sign me up for a Satin black pair of 1 gallon with the Clamp Style. You can send me an invoice to [email protected] and I will send you money immediately. Looking forward to them. I may try and paint the Jugs Satin black with some Krylon Fusion Plastic paint to make it look a little better on the bike. The Red and Blue gallon jugs just wouldn't look right on my bike... lol... Thanks for making great products for the FJR. Love my Brake reservoir mount also that I got from you...