• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garauld Refreshment System

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also bought one of Gary's 1 gal setups planning to mount it somewhere other than the passenger peg since I do a lot of 2-up riding. The clamp setup works fantastic and I couldn't be happier with the design, or with my purchase and dealings with Gary. Here is a pic of mine installed on a mount I created:

34b1d9e0.jpg

I also bought one of Gary's 1 gal setups planning to mount it somewhere other than the passenger peg since I do a lot of 2-up riding. The clamp setup works fantastic and I couldn't be happier with the design, or with my purchase and dealings with Gary. Here is a pic of mine installed on a mount I created:

34b1d9e0.jpg
An arm rest of a pillion. Sweat! Next she will want one on the other side, with a stereo speaker.

-for those with big...., ahem, thirsts:

P1020171-1.jpg

- the 1-gallon system. They come in clamp style as well. ;)
Darn! Just noticed this. I may just have to order one of the 1-gallons sometime. Use the 1/2'y for my electrolyte mix and then the full 1 gallon for water.

Thanks for giving us more options!

Teaser: But have you seen the TWO gallon top of aux tank Garauld mount. Cat's meow for wetting gear and a day's worth of ice for desert.

:clapping:

I use half gallon for electrolytes and 2 gallon for ice. 1 gallon is plenty if you want to mess with tending to it on stops: I did not. Pics when I get home.

Point is: these refreshment systems are good quality and functional. Got about 30,000 miles on my original half gallon, clamp style.

It's been a while, but this is the steed in rally mode.

8080885976_e6d6f9c7b0.jpg

"Tanji" style pillion fuel tank made by IBPete. Garauld custom made the "upper decker" and powder coated to match. Upper deck allows me to keep camping gear strapped on while still pulling pelican case out from the back. Gary welded the 2 gallon collar on top with a webbing similar to his half and one gallon designs. I use the 2 gallon tank exclusively for water or ice. Half gallon for electrolytes. Really top notch custom craftsmanship. Worked perfectly on Butt Lite, just put ice in every 2 days vice worrying about it every couple gas stops. Great design and great product.

Bump - get them before the hot season - special sale - $100 delivered stateside for the 1/2 unit - $115 for the gal unit, clamp or strap style. Your choice of powdercoat color: satin or gloss black, silver, near chrome, or fuchsia, which sheep-boy was considering...
rolleyes.gif

I broke my new one in this past weekend by doing a SS1000 with it. It worked great. Here is what it looks like on the bike.

980056_10201231201570048_1721358237_o.jpg

For those of us with a 2013 with the Canyon Cages. I installed my yesterday with no problems. I was concerned that the Cages protecting the side cases might cause a problem.

You can deduct $5 if you have your own Coleman 1/2 gal. jug... I believe Coleman make these in blue also, but I have not found them locally.
I found the blue ones at Sports Authority, for WIW, if it ever becomes an issue. Just curious, with the shorter nylon strap model, can the peg be temporally folded up out of the way with the unit installed?

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone tried these on 06 to 12 models with canyon cages?

Gary, how long was your free shipping offer good?

I'd be interested in a 1/2 gal clamp style in black

Just completed a 5650 mile trip out west this past Saturday (report coming soon) and absolutely loved Gary's hydration system! I did a few dirt road mountain passes and the system held rock steady. I didn't use the quick connect Camelbak pieces that came with the kit as they were just too bulky for use with a full-face, non-modular helmet, so I just re-used the 90 degree mouthpiece off my old Camelbak. Made for a great water supply when primitive camping. ;)

IMG_2497-e1373294167380.jpg

Rocky Mountain National Park - Trail Ridge Road...was staying in Winter Park for a few days and wandered a bit...

What have you guys found as far as covers, or insulation for these?

I haven't had the chance to use mine yet, but somehow I suspect ice is going to melt fast down here.

The jug is insulated pretty well by itself - it may well surprise you how long your beverage and ice mix will stay cool...
smile.png

I looked into covers a while back - they were too pricey to pursue.

What have you guys found as far as covers, or insulation for these?I haven't had the chance to use mine yet, but somehow I suspect ice is going to melt fast down here.
On my trip, I had many days of 90+ degree heat and the cooler kept the water cold for longer than I expected...usually I was ready for a refill before it warmed. On more than a few occasions, I still had some ice left when I emptied it. When filling at a convenience store, I always filled it with ice first...right to the top. On a side note, no convenience store ever charged me for filling it.

Well you were right guys, The ice seems to last plenty long enough for me
wink.png

Now I'm wondering how well the 1 gallon setup might work as a reservoir for a Veskimo cooling system.

I sent the guys at Veskimo an email asking just that.

Does the farkeling ever end?

edit: The reply wasn't very hopeful. They recommend the 9 qt cooler. It may be a bit large for a peg mount @ 11" x 9" x 13" tall to the top of the integral handle

Received my system as usual in timely fashion and high quality construction. Gary even threw in a couple of extra bolts so that it mounts to my hondapotamus
smile.png

Thanks Gary
punk.gif

Got my system from Gary yesterday. Looks great. As always, Gary makes installation idiot proof. I'm looking forward to a nice long ride after the monsoons blow through AZ.

Thanks again Gary!