Garmin 2610 Problem?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stockfjr

Reaction score
My 2610 is powered via the motorcycle/audio jack purchased from Garmin. I run it through a Mix-it version I. I purshasrd a PCGPS-GPS patch cord from IT Design-Mixit guy. Which is needed to utilize voice capabilities of the 2610 on the mix-it. I am now able to get voice directions but at such a low volume as to be useless. i have the mixit volume maxed as well as the volume select on the garmin at 10/ or max, I am at my wits end with this- i am leaving on a long trip on monday and really wanted to use the full capabilities of this unit. Any suggestions appreciated.

I was thinking about buying a Boostaroo from radio shack and putting between the Garmin and the mixtit. I have multiple other stuff into the mix it but for testing purposes puulled everything but the 2610. What am i missing?

Followup: The problem seems to be the cable by Grmin the 1/8th" audi connector provides marginal contact with the male connector. I have tried multiple mle connectors and realized that when in just the right position good contact is made and proper audio level is obtained. This is the second replacement cable that garmn sent me with the same problm. Someone else previously pointed this out to me as a "known" problm but i guess i needed to convince myself that this was the case. anyone else had an issue with this pwr/audo cable on their unit?