Garmin RansomWare hack - $10 Million

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dumbass that clicked on that malware link should probably update his LinkedIn account. I'm betting they're looking for a job real soon!

The dumbass that clicked on that malware link should probably update his LinkedIn account. I'm betting they're looking for a job real soon!
Maybe the dumbass was a disgruntled employee who intentionally clicked on the link???

Why would not a large operation like Garmin have a system in which all emails that have attachments are checked for malware before being forwarded to an employee?

Why would not a large operation like Garmin have a protected back-up of all their important software and data?

The real deal is social engineering. True, corporate IT should not let a fake update through to the worker be

Why would not a large operation like Garmin have a system in which all emails that have attachments are checked for malware before being forwarded to an employee?

Why would not a large operation like Garmin have a protected back-up of all their important software and data?
Exactly. Then again, have you used Garmin software? 😆

For the same reason my 590 LM behaves as if it is running on beta software.  :D    Like what Carver said.

Maybe the dumbass was a disgruntled employee who intentionally clicked on the link???
Ouch. That's entirely possible. That would be more along the line of criminal activity though by the employee. They would have had to have known what the link contained in order to exact their revenge. If there is any suspicion of that happening that person is about to have a microscope up their ass.

It still baffles me that a company with Garmin's global reach can be brought down by an errant or vengeful click.