Garmin software

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pawtracks

Reaction score
Fairly old news, but at least they are providing updates.

Link

Looks like they are still on track to have working Mac software soon.

Can't wait to be able to do all my GPS stuff on my powerbook! :clapping:

Garmin® Provides Update on Mac Compatibility

OLATHE, KS/June 27, 2006 — Garmin today announced an update on the launch of its application support for Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger." The company’s Training Center software is now expected to be compatible with Mac OS X version 10.4 "Tiger” by the end of 2006. Also at that time, we will announce the expected completion date for Garmin’s other hardware and software applications. We thank the Mac community for their support, understanding and patience as we work through these unanticipated delays, and we look forward to providing Mac users with direct support for their Garmin products.

It's not surprising that Garmin does not support the Mac, as they seem to specialize in totally non-intuitive software!

In all the 30 odd years I've been working with computers and software, I've rarely come across worse.

They may make good hardware, but their software suckith big time.

Boy that felt good! :)

It's not surprising that Garmin does not support the Mac, as they seem to specialize in totally non-intuitive software! In all the 30 odd years I've been working with computers and software, I've rarely come across worse.

They may make good hardware, but their software suckith big time.

Boy that felt good! :)
+1,

Probably the reason why I haven't got a GPS from Garmin, because its not Mac compatible. Is Tom Tom?

Probably the reason why I haven't got a GPS from Garmin, because its not Mac compatible. Is Tom Tom?
Yes, it is but it appears to be very limited in what you do on the the computer.

I'm hoping the Mac version of Garmin software is better but I have adapted to the crappy PC version just fine. Hate having to use two computers more than anything.

PC is just for those very few apps I don't have/can't find/not made

P.S. Do you even have enough room left over on that Farkle monster for a GPS? :D

Last edited by a moderator: