Garmin Zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK - as sort of a tangent discussion - I just got the XM Pioneer radio for Christmas. Has a built in antenna and is supposedly portable with ear buds. Any guesses as to whether I can put the thing in my jacket pocket, hook up the ear buds, put me helmet on - and get reception?

QUOTE (Captain B @ Dec 28 2007, 05:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK - as sort of a tangent discussion - I just got the XM Pioneer radio for Christmas. Has a built in antenna and is supposedly portable with ear buds. Any guesses as to whether I can put the thing in my jacket pocket, hook up the ear buds, put me helmet on - and get reception?
The Inno? No, you'll wanna keep that antenna in the open. Mine is rather fussy and even will break reception under the isinglass of my tank bags. Best I've found is to velcro securely somewhere handy on the bike.

thanks guys.

that's what i was looking for knifemaker.

i'll go with a dedicated radio for the truck and the 450 or something similar to find my way home.

dh

Sure there is: Skyway's reservoir mount. Two thumb screws and poof, it's off the bike and ready to drop on the dash. Less than 30 seconds.
Hey, tc, did you ever update the Yammy Dealer .gpx?
I have a Skyway mount, so yes, that part is easy. I use zip ties to keep the GXM-30 cable in order, and they are a pain to remove and replace.

The dealer locater file will be updated next week.

Last edited by a moderator: