• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Garmin Zumo 590LM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good deal!

Upgraded from a 660 last year and am very happy with it......especially the screen viewing in less than ideal conditions!!
punk.gif

The tire pressure monitoring.....not so much!!!
uhoh.gif

I ordered one yesterday from FactoryOutletStore. Same price...great deal!

Update: I got an email from FOS and they are backordered even though it says IN STOCK on their website. I called and cancelled and just ordered from GPSCity. Supposed to ship tomorrow, hopefully they don't hose me also.

Thanks for the post Madmudder!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought one last week, but as soon as I did, price went to $599. Good to see the price drop again. Note, these are Garmin refurbed units. Yeah I am not fully in love with the brightness in daylight, so I'm getting a hoodie for it.

Apparently they are the only one with a 'transflective' screen which uses some of the ambient light to back light it, as opposed to all others who use 'transmissive' screens with backlights.

I ordered one yesterday from FactoryOutletStore. Same price...great deal!
Update: I got an email from FOS and they are backordered even though it says IN STOCK on their website. I called and cancelled and just ordered from GPSCity. Supposed to ship tomorrow, hopefully they don't hose me also.

Thanks for the post Madmudder!
Glad to have helped out FreakyFastFreddie

Bought one last week, but as soon as I did, price went to $599. Good to see the price drop again. Note, these are Garmin refurbed units. Yeah I am not fully in love with the brightness in daylight, so I'm getting a hoodie for it.Apparently they are the only one with a 'transflective' screen which uses some of the ambient light to back light it, as opposed to all others who use 'transmissive' screens with backlights.
That's interesting and I didn't know that about the screens. The newest model (595) has the "transflective" screen as well so this must be the new thing. I remember my 550 not being so great in the sun either but I don't really look at the screen all that much, just listen for directions. Seeing the screen was very beneficial when riding twisties though.