Garmin Zumo 660LM -- $310

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love my 660. it's a good deal
smile.png

Cheapest price I found a few months ago was around 325.00 when I bought one so that's a good price. It keeps slowly dropping as it's discontinued from Garmin.

I like mine!

Ive been using a Nuvi 550 for 7 years now. Had it on my ATV, Sled, Bike and even on my Kayak lol.

Its been a solid dependable gps, but I think it may be time for an upgrade. I'll look into this one see if it fits my needs.

Feel like im cheating on my 550 :(

I also had a 550. Lots of better features on the 660.
The only thing you will miss is the large speedometer setting.

The 660 shows you your speed in a small box at the bottom.

I also had a 550. Lots of better features on the 660. The only thing you will miss is the large speedometer setting.

Agree I like my 660 much more than the 550 I had. Another nice feature is the display for the speed turns from black to red if you are over the posted.

Like THAT never happens :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I also had a 550. Lots of better features on the 660. The only thing you will miss is the large speedometer setting.

...Another nice feature is the display for the speed turns from black to red if you are over the posted.
Wait a second. The speed displays in BLACK also? Who knew??

Thanks for the heads up Old Guy. Four of us Fargo Firemen are planning an Arkansas trip April 4th. One of them asked me for a GPS recommendation for his motorcycle last night. Since I purchased a 660 for me and my son last year I recommended the 660LM for him but the best price I could find last night was $340.00. I gave him your link and he has one ordered so thanks for the great timing.

Ordered the 660 today for $309.00 and free shipping from GPS City. Thank you for the post, as I had been shopping for some time and this looked to be a very nice price. The new unit will replace a ~10 year old GPS and I'm really hoping I can sort out how to transfer my old routes that I stored and collected over the years to the new unit.

Ordered the 660 today for $309.00 and free shipping from GPS City. Thank you for the post, as I had been shopping for some time and this looked to be a very nice price. The new unit will replace a ~10 year old GPS and I'm really hoping I can sort out how to transfer my old routes that I stored and collected over the years to the new unit.
Nwbru58:

I see you are new around here. Welcome to the forum. Transferring old routes from a 550 is discussed here: CLICKY

Hope that helps. When you finish playing with it, post up here just what you did. I'm sure others will want to know more about the subject.

I also found a couple Amazon customer reviews worth reading about the 660 vs the old 550. There's only a few listed, but they're worth reading. CLICKY

Gary

darksider #44

Thanks for the heads up Old Guy. Four of us Fargo Firemen are planning an Arkansas trip April 4th. One of them asked me for a GPS recommendation for his motorcycle last night. Since I purchased a 660 for me and my son last year I recommended the 660LM for him but the best price I could find last night was $340.00. I gave him your link and he has one ordered so thanks for the great timing.
This is bad, but Arkansas doesn't have GPS yet. We still use 1930s road maps with directions like "Turn left at the red barn with the Clabber Girl sign." ;)

Hope you enjoy your visit.

I'm delighted this actually was a good deal and so many could take advantage.

It's been discussed, but I had a horrible time using Garmins "Basecamp" for making custom routes. A friend recommended "Tyre", and it is so easy in comparison. Just make sure you "save as" the garmin specific ".gpx" file so the map downloads correctly to your 660. Haven't used mine yet, snow still on the ground. But routes are done and downloaded.

P.S. In December paid $289 including shipping for my new 660 through Buydig.com, but haven't seen it close to that since.