Gauge faces

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

demetri

Reaction score
Since purchasing my bike in Ohio last year, and failing to find suitable speedo conversion, I finally found someone who sells gauge faces at a decent price on ebay!

Searched wide and far to find this seller from Germany!

and the result;

DSCF2381.JPG

DSCF2378.JPG

I am Metric again!

Interesting- all I need are faces where the top level isn't bubbling away from the base layer. Of course, you can't buy just those bits from Yamaha, you have to buy the whole cluster. $$$$

Interesting- all I need are faces where the top level isn't bubbling away from the base layer. Of course, you can't buy just those bits from Yamaha, you have to buy the whole cluster. $$$$
So Demetri's Ohio take offs would work for you?

And stop parking on the range and not putting your jacket over the wind screen. And don't give the onesie excuse either. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, looks great Demetri! Congrats on finally being metric.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, you could have just installed a speedo healer and simply left things as they were. The healer would have displayed the speed in KPH (by scaling up the pulse rate from the transducer) and the odometer would start reading in KM as well - you'd need to apply an adjustment for the intial mileage readings to know what the true distance travelled was , but that would have been the only real drawback.

Having said that, it looks nice.

You know, you could have just installed a speedo healer and simply left things as they were. The healer would have displayed the speed in KPH (by scaling up the pulse rate from the transducer) and the odometer would start reading in KM as well - you'd need to apply an adjustment for the intial mileage readings to know what the true distance travelled was , but that would have been the only real drawback.
Having said that, it looks nice.

and it would have cost ~80$ more to buy a speedo healer. overall, I think the odo issue turned me off from that.

if someone wants the original ones, they're in perfect condition. feel free to shoot me a PM.

cheers!

Does anyone know if there is anything available for a Gen II. I bought my bike (used) in the USA but would rather have the speed readout in km/hr. My eyes don't do the fine print of the secondary km scale very well although I am pretty quick at metric conversions. I looked into the possibility of replacing the instrument cluster as a unit for the metric version but I think the cost was on the order of $1000 or so from Yamaha Canada. The metric version of the instrument cluster would also give me an odometer in kilometers and temperature in °C but there is no way I would pay that much.

I wonder if they put the numbers in exactly the same spots as on the original dial faces. It would be an opportunity to correct the speedometer bias without affecting the odometer (which is more accurate than the speedo).

Ross

OK, just playing devil's advocate here, but why not create an account - takes all of 3 minutes. Then you can ask your question today and possibly have your answer tonight.

OK, just playing devil's advocate here, but why not create an account - takes all of 3 minutes. Then you can ask your question today and possibly have your answer tonight.
I can wait - no way anything like a dial change will happen before the bike goes into winter hibernation. Hoping to get a few more rides in before the snow flies. Considering a quick New England trip - play hookey from work - later this week if the weather follows the forecast. There is sometimes a brief window of nice weather after the tourist leaf gazers and before the Xmas shopping traffic (and cold weather).

I asked a couple of days ago, no response yet.

Update, no response from the seller as of Nov. 5, so, I'd just assume Gen 1 only for the time being.

I would like to get a set of those. I have two questions when I looked on E'bay it said XJR not FJR are they the same.And how do you install those.
just shoot an email to the seller. google is your friend. once you take the gauges off the bike, its self explanatory.

Saw them on the sight you gave. I would like to get some. On the sight they said XJR not FJR' are those the same???? Or do I request the ones for the FJR!!!! And how is the surgery to remove and replace. Thanks for your info.

It hasn't been mentioned here, but is fairly well known (and is also mentioned in the 1st Gen FJR Bin o' Facts) that you can just hold down the select and reset buttons on the dash to switch from Miles to Kilometers (and vice versa) on the odometer and trip meters. Doesn't that work on 2nd gens too?

It hasn't been mentioned here, but is fairly well known (and is also mentioned in the 1st Gen FJR Bin o' Facts) that you can just hold down the select and reset buttons on the dash to switch from Miles to Kilometers (and vice versa) on the odometer and trip meters. Doesn't that work on 2nd gens too?

Not on Gen II