gayest bike!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapskate2

Reaction score
ARRRRGH!!!....So, I go to give the FJ one of her bi-annual cleanings. I hose it off good, and give it a quick wash and rinse...now dinner is ready. I go in and eat, come back out and find that the bike is covered in water spots so bad it looks diseased, and since I'm most likely going to do this once until the fall, I decide to rewash it so I can dry it right. Only when I go to give the bucket fresh suds, I don't have enough of the wash/wax I was using. I pour in what was left and reach to the shelf where I have a little bit of another auto soap and pour that in too. Bad Idea....I wash the bike for the second time and as I get to the end I look back over the bike where I've just been I see that the two soaps have reacted with each other and form some kind of sticky film from hell!!!! No shit. Now the bike looks like it's been sunburned and is peeling. I tried to wipe it off with a clean damp rag and it only smears. Long story short, 4 more times washing the bike with OxyClean powered dish soap to get it off!! Yes, 4 more times. This sucks. Now at this point there is still little smears here and there. So I use a little WD-40 on them, which cuts right through, but now you can see where I've been with the WD. So I give the bike a good heavy coat of paste wax and voila!! Shines like new. Kinda gay, but, I have to admit I like it. I'm actually looking forward to September or October when I can clean her again.

One more reason to leave it dirty and wear the bugs and grime like a badge of honor.

Safe riding all,

cheapskate2

go buy one of the Mr. Clean wash systems..IMO, this is one of the best auto/bike cleaners made..

i pre wash with the soap, fill a bucket and hand wash, rinse with the water, rinse again with the fine mist filtered water.

i'm not big on letting it air dry so i use a chamois. i get very good results on all of my 4 and 2 wheeled vehicles.

YMMV!

cadman

Cadman's right, the Mr. Clean deal really works. The key is that de-ionization rinse. You can wash the bike with anything you want, just go after it with the rinse and you're golden.

That's not the way to clean your bike! Just ride it through a coin-operated car wash...and ya get extra credit if it's not a brushless wash.

The last time I cleaned my bike was when I was taking out the trash and bumped into it hard enough to knock off some of the dust.

Kinda gay, but, I have to admit I like it.
Yep, certainly set my gaydar off. :)

gaydar-anim.gif

Last edited by a moderator: