"Geezer" Ride Sunday, Feb 4th Lockwood Valley & Hwy33

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueStreak-1

Reaction score
An old "geezer" friend of mine just bought a new Blue ( the fastest color) '07 SV1000, (His 3rd bike) and has invited everyone for what he calls a The "Geezer" Rocket Ride.

The ride is on Sunday, February 4, 2007. We will meet at the Coco's at Sand Canyon / Soledad Canyon in Santa Clarita (Sand Canyon Exit on the 14N) at 8 am for breakfast. Fill-up at the Chevron across the street. Kickstands up at 9 am. If anyone wants to meet for the ride over to Coco's

The route will take us up Soledad to Barrel Springs / Palmdale Blvd / Elizabeth Lake Blvd. / Gorman Post to the Flying J. Head out to Lockwood Valley and then the 33 to Ojai.

Lunch in Ojai then the 150 to 126 and zoom home.

Everyone is invited to ride their own ride. We will be enjoying the ride, scenery, photo opportunities and comradely and very important, FOOD... LOL Faster riders will ride ahead to the next meet spot where everyone will re-gather and continue on. No one will be left behind. We will keep the pace quick, fun, safe and sane.

Here's a pic one of one of the photo opps.

TheAdventure.jpg

So who's in???

Ooooh, LVR might be iffy if weather hits prior... It gets much the same crap as the Grapevine. I'll decide closer to the ride, but count me in for now!

Ooooh, LVR might be iffy if weather hits prior... It gets much the same crap as the Grapevine. I'll decide closer to the ride, but count me in for now!
Ya, If we have weather, we don't need to be fording rivers... No prob for V-Stroms tho... LOL... Cool...

btw... I just thought, this is Super Bowl Sunday... Wonder how many will stay home watching the Game...

Richard aka BlueStreak,

With all due respect..............Are you set in stone on the Sunday ride ???

How about Saturday start Feb. 3 ???

Semi-Geezer........ aged 57 yrs.

Larry

WW's FJR

Blue, Steve W "Lucky" hee. I know a old geezer called GOG, Did he buy the 1000 or is it someone else? My kids are coming that weekend but I would love to join you onw one of your rides... I live outside of Palm Springs in Indio. I would meet you wherever then ride home or you can plan something this way. I bought that 05 FJR I asked you about some time ago. Still have the wing and FZ1. Let me know.

Thanks, Steve "Lucky" Wilber

Blue1 - Keep the rides going, sorry I'm missing this one. New hoops spooned mananna. Cord showing tonight. Be sure to foto pix and post 'em, eh?

Watch the stream (river?) crossings on LVR! They'll be pretty slimy with mud and such. I might be joining you with Carla & Roy in tow. We'll see. If so, I'll pick you up at the 126 and 5. What time?

I qualify as Geezer. Decisions, decisions... 80* weather? beautious roads a-plenty?

Do I be practical and do that fence repair project -or- join you guys for a romp in the woods?

The FJR is still unwashed since Jalama, so a moderate amount of LVR debris is acceptable.

Tim/Roy/Karla - are you a go? Where and when will you meet?

Effjay

I qualify as Geezer. Decisions, decisions... 80* weather? beautious roads a-plenty?Do I be practical and do that fence repair project -or- join you guys for a romp in the woods?

The FJR is still unwashed since Jalama, so a moderate amount of LVR debris is acceptable.

Tim/Roy/Karla - are you a go? Where and when will you meet?

Effjay
I replied to your email, Jeff. We're out, going to Pink's for hot dogs!

Watch the stream (river?) crossings on LVR!
Sorry I missed your post.. I thought I had this thing set up to notify me with new posts on this thread... Oh well...

Anyway... the water situation was hardly anything to be concerned about..maybe a couple inched and clean...

14 machines and 16 riders showed up for this ride... We had a BLAST...!!! Check the pix Here

Latest posts