• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 1 fuel cell

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrob1300

Frost-back1 IBA 34867 / Brown Sider 002/ Dark Side
Reaction score
I have FJRAY's handmade fuel cell for a gen 1 . I never mounted it. I've got $300 US into it. In Canada I'll ship it for 300 US. US shipping would be stupid.
So if you want it to the US I can ship i When I go to the US next time. August or October. Pics when I get around to it.

FYI. It holds 4.2 gallons and goes in place of the back seat. Fits between the grab handles and the factory topbox opens over the top. If I had a need it would back on my 04.

GLWS.

photos and width please...

(I've tweaked my FJR so I can use Givi E41s so width is an issue with most of the fuel cells people have made)

Don't know if this will helps, but this tank did fit on my 03 with the Givi rack and E52 top box.

I'm away for the weekend. I updated my post at FJRiders.com. Pictures available there .

I think he meant these photos

c9000118ece7a9fc7f0afb6c19768987.jpg

61da1d5cc2e788c59d8f360354544653.jpg

1ac0b67f9f5b49238312b61a6f245c9f.jpg

3d1683ba5bc5514bed48de7204b34714.jpg

I'm pretty sure Rob has the cover that goes with it. It's made out of material that looks like diamond plate and has storage pockets on all sides. I put foam in the front pouch and it made a great backrest.

I'm pretty sure Rob has the cover that goes with it. It's made out of material that looks like diamond plate and has storage pockets on all sides. I put foam in the front pouch and it made a great backrest.
Yes Ray. I still have the custom cover too.

I need to know how wide it is so I can try to determine if it'll fit between the givi plates I have on my bike. Looks like it would be pretty close.

I need to know how wide it is so I can try to determine if it'll fit between the givi plates I have on my bike. Looks like it would be pretty close.
So the tank is 12 1/8 inches wide between the Givi bracket and 9 inches long. Hope that helps. It fits inside the seat foot print.So if your seat fits with your Givi rack then this will fit.

Last edited by a moderator: