• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen 2/3 Laam seat - SOLD

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

albee

Reaction score
Laam seat, front only. This is the infamous Fjrat seat. I received it last week from Hawaii and have tried it on short rides as it's cold here in Wisconsin. I bought it with the intent of getting my rear seat covered to match if I liked the feel of it. But I've decided to have both my seats and backrest done together with silver stitching to match my 2010. I paid $200 shipped, would like the same or best offer. Can text or email pics.

Original owner was about 180 pounds, unsure of height. I'm 5'10'' 30 inseam it doesn't seem to add height over stock.

Damn, a day late and a dollar short!
Since the seat is already sold and for a very fair price and this will in no way affect that sale, don't be upset. Check with Seth Laam about getting your seat custom built for YOU and you might be surprised at how decent the price is.

My compliments to the OP for returning the infamous FJRat seat to the forum. Very decent of you and very decent price.

I agree it's pretty reasonable to have your own seat built, but I was afraid I wouldn't like it and wouldn't have my stock seat anymore to try something else. I thought this was an inexpensive way to try out a Laam seat without giving up my seats. As it turned out I really liked it and am going to get both seats built to match without worrying if I'll like it. And aside from shipping to the new owner it didn't cost anything.

This sale went better than last time.
rolleyes.gif

Seth just shipped my seat yesterday. I have been a long time Russell Daylong guy. Hoping his new seat works for me.

Smitty

My pleasure Albee, thanks for the deal. I may end up doing the same as you. My frame will put a little more stress on the seat than the 180 lbs you reported for FJRat so if I like it "mostly" I may have mr laam build me my very own. I'll be sure to return the FJRat version to circulation if I have one of my own made.

Cheers

CR

Latest posts