• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen II Luggage Racks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi fjrMogul, I am assuming that you mean backrests for '06 machines. Yes, if someone wants one, I should be able to tweak the design a bit as soon as I get the dimensions off an '06 bike. I don't have a model # for that specific pad, but will try to get it... I can make more backrests for pre-'06 bikes - send me a PM if you want one.

Thanks.

Hi fjrMogul, I am assuming that you mean backrests for '06 machines. Yes, if someone wants one, I should be able to tweak the design a bit as soon as I get the dimensions off an '06 bike. I don't have a model # for that specific pad, but will try to get it... I can make more backrests for pre-'06 bikes - send me a PM if you want one.
Thanks.
Sorry, I wasn't paying attention, I forgot that there were pictures of the backrest in this thread. I was really talking about the luggage rack and wanted to know if you can make this style for non 06's.

Sorry for any confusion :huh:

Love that rack! It seems like a great option to the top case. My only changes would be a removable back rest and also bungee holes like the other version. Anything is possible , right?

Scott (waiter, virgin poster and all that fun stuff)

I currently own a Concours but am waiting on my 06 FJR to arrive. I would definitely be interested in a back rest, I suppose that may need to be in combination with the luggage rack also based on what I have heard.

I met Garauld yesterday, and picked up my new rack and backrest, top notch quality from a top notch guy.

Thanks Gary, I'l be in touch about the lights................

Hi gang, I have been playing around with my CAD system  :wacko: and came up with a new rack design made to mount onto the new 2006 tail shelf.  Here are some images of it.  What do you think?  The first person who wants one and can send me their tail shelf rack for a week or so will get it for free - all they have to do is pay for return shipping of their rack and the new one.  I will need the time to perform final design fitment work, fabrication and paint color matching.  I anticipate the cost of these new racks to be $135 plus S&H thereafter.
V5a.jpg

B)
I don't suppose this luggage rack will enable you to mount a GIVI Maxia E52 (monokey) bracket on an '06 FJR will it? If not do you make something that does?

Hi gang, I have been playing around with my CAD system  :wacko: and came up with a new rack design made to mount onto the new 2006 tail shelf.  Here are some images of it.  What do you think?  The first person who wants one and can send me their tail shelf rack for a week or so will get it for free - all they have to do is pay for return shipping of their rack and the new one.  I will need the time to perform final design fitment work, fabrication and paint color matching.  I anticipate the cost of these new racks to be $135 plus S&H thereafter.
V5a.jpg

B)
I don't suppose this luggage rack will enable you to mount a GIVI Maxia E52 (monokey) bracket on an '06 FJR will it? If not do you make something that does?
I too would be in the market for one!

I have a Givi E52 that I use with my GL1800 that I would like to use also with the FJR1300AE coming.

Best Regards,

Shane

Ok I lost track, Do you make a backrest for the 06 stock rack like the old ones??. I would like one but don't need the luggage rack. thanks bete

Ok I lost track, Do you make a backrest for the 06 stock rack like the old ones??. I would like one but don't need the luggage rack. thanks bete
I have asked garauld to make a rack that will accomodate a removable back rest (corbin) and he said he can do it for the 06. I will be sending a check to him this week to get on the waiting list.

Did you find an '06 to do the mock up on?
Yup, I have one on order and another rider has graciously loaned me his. I hope to have a final design ready over the next week, including provisions for a backrest. If you want to have me build one, send me a PM and we will make arrangements for it. Please be patient as I have some racks for the '05 riders to build yet... :rolleyes: Thanks!

PS - keep me in mind if you want your footpeg brackets from Wild Bill powdercoated...

have you put a back rest post on your new cad made model yet and have you got any picks of the new rack on a bike?

Garauld,

I'm wondering how hard, or if it's even possible, to make ( or for you to make.... ) a rack that would also take the place of the back seat. When riding solo, I prefer a big duffle bag ILO the top case. Now I just strap the bag across the back seat and over the saddle bag. A nice aluminum rack, with a rider backrest, replacing the back seat and extending over the saddle bags would be nice. It should also provide weather protection for electronics placed under the back seat.

What do you think?

Garauld,
I'm wondering how hard, or if it's even possible, to make ( or for you to make.... ) a rack that would also take the place of the back seat. When riding solo, I prefer a big duffle bag ILO the top case. Now I just strap the bag across the back seat and over the saddle bag. A nice aluminum rack, with a rider backrest, replacing the back seat and extending over the saddle bags would be nice. It should also provide weather protection for electronics placed under the back seat.

What do you think?
Hi - I guess it's possible, but I don't plan to tackle it - there are a lot of '06 owners that really need a new rack to let them strap stuff to - something that I've been told is nearly impossible to do on the stock Yammie tailrack...

Garauld, I am considering the rack also in the future and my question is are there any plans for your rack for the 06 to have a removable backrest setup? This would allow more packing options for different trips. Keep up the good work. PM. <>< :D