• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen II Luggage Racks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi i would like to know if you make the small rack and backrest in black cherry, the FJR 2007, if not well black would do and the cost and shipping to Montreal, Canada cause i am sure couple of guys here would sure be interrested in your great product.

Thanks

Bob

Another vote for a 2007 black cherry rack. Let me know if you can do that. I'm interested.

I now have '07 Black Cherry and '08 Raven Black urethane paint available to match the new bikes. The color availability is based on when Colorrite offers the appropriate color for sale. B)

Finally got a chance to take some pics of my new rack. This thing is top notch in every way. I was planning on taking it on and off as I needed it, but it looks so nice I'm going to leave it on permanently. Thanks Gary!
DSC00091-1.jpg
DSC00092-1.jpg
DSC00093-1.jpg

Gary,

I saw one of your racks with backrest on a 2004 FJR and was highly impressed. I see from ALL the responses I am not alone. I have a 06 and would like to know what options you have in size of rack (Gen I vs. Gen II) and backrest for my bike. Do you have a web site or some place I can see the options. Thanks in advance.

Anyone got pictures Of the Rack and backrest in BlackCherry. Just curious, thanks

I got mine today. Looks great! I really like how light it is. Looking at the pics I expected it to be heavy. I'm guessing it's only 2 or 3 lbs. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Gary!

:yahoo: Another satisfied customer!!! The craftmanship is amazing. I went with the satin powder coating and it looks great IMO. I could have gone with a paint match but I am already paranoid enough about scratching the bikes paint so I didn't want to worry about the rack when I loaded it up.

P1010060.jpg

P1010062.jpg

P1010064.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010063.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks nice. I can't wait to get mine. I am getting the small rack and backrest PC in satin. :clapping:

rack arrived at work yesterday and i could not wait to get home to put it on. it was installed in less than five minutes and the fit is perfect and it looks factory! what can i say? another satisfied customer! thanks gary!!! guys don't hesitate-just get one!

Used my rack for the first time last weekend. 1400 miles in 4 days and it worked great. Couldn't be happier with this product. It held my tent, thermarest, sleeping bag, and camping chair with ease. :)

BRP5-0826.jpg

Another satisfied customer!!! The craftmanship is amazing. I went with the satin powder coating and it looks great. Went on a test ride with the wife and she really likes it. Hopefully this is what I needed to get her to ride with me more.

Thanks Gary

Put this on the other post and realized it should probably be here with the Gen II racks...

Just got my "HYBRID" Gary backrest/rack combo for my 06 FJR!!!

After looking around, I decided I liked the quality of Gary's work and his design is very functional. You can use the rest or rack as stand alone deals or both combined. I liked a backrest pad by Premier Cycle Accessories. With this in mind, I asked Gary if he could put this pad on his design and he said yes! I had the pad shipped directly to him and it all worked out. The slightly wider curved design gives good lateral support in turns and the pad is top notch! My daughter is used to my Corbin rest on my VF1100S Sabre and she says this setup blows that away. We will report back after some miles. I can't say enough about Gary's work. It is FLAWLESS and attention to detail, paint match, design, etc are just incredible. Below is one pic followed by a link to a PDF with 20 pix on it. Have a look and see for yourself. I am a very happy camper and thanks Gary! Link to PDF with lots of pix (2 megs so click and wait)

2 meg PDF with 20 pix click and wait

rest1.jpg

Just pm'd you garauld.....beautiful stuff.

I just picked up a 2007 maroon FJR, and would very much like to get on your list for a backrest and luggage rack.

I love the charcoal satin in post #129 on Greb's bike, and I like the shape of the backrest in post #135 on 06feejer's....or at least I think my wife would.

Any feedback from current owners on the two shapes would be much appreciated - I can see both would be comfortable.

Blake

Just pm'd you garauld.....beautiful stuff.
I just picked up a 2007 maroon FJR, and would very much like to get on your list for a backrest and luggage rack.

I love the charcoal satin in post #129 on Greb's bike, and I like the shape of the backrest in post #135 on 06feejer's....or at least I think my wife would.

Any feedback from current owners on the two shapes would be much appreciated - I can see both would be comfortable.

Blake
With a little more miles on the premier pad at this point, my passengers have given it a big thumbs up. The slight curve gives good support in the turns and the quality of the pad itself seems very good. I would definitely consider this pad to go with Garauld's setup. I have not tried the flatter pad so I am unable to give a comparative report between the curved and straight pads. Garauld does beautiful work.h

I'm a bit tardy adding my praises for Garauld's rack. Received the smaller version with removable backrest painted to match my '07. Absolutely beautiful craftsmanship. Hauled a camera bag and tripod on it to a shoot last week, much more confident that it would stay put now that I have better hook points for my bungee cords. Thanks a ton Garauld, add me to the list of satisfied customers.

Craig

I've been pining over this purchase for far too long.

May I please order a backrest and a regular "full" sized (not the sport rack) luggage rack for a 2007 in black cherry?

I love the removable and use one or the other options!

Kris W

Last edited by a moderator: