• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Gen II Luggage Racks

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi gang, I have been playing around with my CAD system :wacko: and came up with a new rack design made to mount onto the new 2006 tail shelf. Here are some images of it. What do you think? The first person who wants one and can send me their tail shelf rack for a week or so will get it for free - all they have to do is pay for return shipping of their rack and the new one. I will need the time to perform final design fitment work, fabrication and paint color matching.

V5a.jpg

V5d.jpg

V5b.jpg

V5c.jpg

B)

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a backrest that can be joined to the stock rack. Just a backrest. Maybe make it easy to remove. Have it hook on the front part and secure with the center bolt, or a receiver mount for the backrest attached to the Yamaha rack? I don't ride my wife very much but it would be nice to be able to add a backrest when needed, and keep my stock seat. Do you have a design for that?

How about a backrest that can be joined to the stock rack. Just a backrest. Maybe make it easy to remove. Have it hook on the front part and secure with the center bolt, or a receiver mount for the backrest attached to the Yamaha rack? I don't ride my wife very much but it would be nice to be able to add a backrest when needed, and keep my stock seat. Do you have a design for that?
I believe he already makes one!

Backrests like these?
PadStyles.jpg

Style A - $160 delivered

Style B - $150 delivered

Send me a note if interested... B)
Yes, like those. Will they fit the 06, or are you still needing a rack to do final testing on? I am first in line for the 06 (had my PDP in since day one) so I may be able to send you mine. I will keep you posted.

These backrests will probably not fit the '06 model due to the different bolt pattern. They are all tig welded aluminum and then powdercoated satin black. The new bolt in the rear is SST. I also include a pair of rubber strips that will protect the top rail...

Here's a few pictures of my backrest that Gary made for my '05, some examples of Gary's fine workmanship. The price was right and the quality beyond question. The pictures don't begin to show the quality and paint match. My wife will be thoroughly please next season and I can quit getting that infernal 'wedgey' from her pulling on my belt everytime I accelerate! Sorry about the giant size but I'm still getting the hang of posting pictures. :D

izn490.jpg

izmjp4.jpg

mahrvb.jpg

FJRscorpion,

Did it come painted? Have you had a chance to ride a passenger yet? Looks like you might be snowed in.

Last edited by a moderator:
garauld,

Is it possible to get a back rest just like FJRScorpion's, but with the pad mounted lower on the bracket instead of high on the bracket like his? Same parts, just mount the pad right above the bend so the pad reveal from the back is even all the way around. Do these come painted or did FJRScorpion paint his own?

Thanks,

Tom