Gen2 headlight adjusters stripped

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothy Linke

Reaction score
Hey all has anyone ever had a headlight adjusters that don't do anything on a gen2? I was thinking on getting a new assembly until I saw the price.

I agree with Panman. Have you taken it apart and confirmed what has actually stripped?

I took it apart and the cables are being stretched too far and causing the gears to nit mesh, ill have to check routing.

I also have a Gen 2 and I've turned my adjusters many, many turns; no changes. This is the first bike I've had that has these adjusters on them. I ride solo 99.9% of the time, and in daylight 98% of the time. If I can't get mine figured out, I'll pull them off and bin them.

I also have a Gen 2 and I've turned my adjusters many, many turns; no changes. This is the first bike I've had that has these adjusters on them. I ride solo 99.9% of the time, and in daylight 98% of the time. If I can't get mine figured out, I'll pull them off and bin them.
I think the first thing I'd do is try to home in to where the problem is. I'd unscrew the cable from the back of part #5 and turn the cable with a pair of needle nosed vise grips. This would point me to which half of the system I need to investigate.