• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

GenII fuse box bracket

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do the termnal connections stay secure when raising and lowering the bracket? Is there a way to minimize/eliminate tension on the terminal connections when raising and lowering the bracket?

Do the termnal connections stay secure when raising and lowering the bracket? Is there a way to minimize/eliminate tension on the terminal connections when raising and lowering the bracket?
I would say if you do a nice job with the wiring, and leave some slack, there shouldn't be a problem. The only reason for tilting it forward would be for servicing the tail lites, so I don't see it being done to often. And if for some reason you need to tilt it often, then make sure you run the wires so it can be done without pulling them. This seems like it would be a wire routing issue.

Giving this a bump. This is a great way to mount a fuse block out of the way and I just ordered a bracket myself.

Two questions: isn't there an issue with the wires running over the top of that bracket rubbing through and shorting out? Seems like there should be some sort of grommet or abrasion protection?

Also, what is this auxiliary fuel pump thing all about? Is there a fuel delivery issue with the FJR?

You could cover the edge of the bracket with something, or else file it smooth, so it doesn't fret the insulation. The wires are just loosely draped over that top edge so if they are dressed right they would not even be touching. But roadrunner was making these things 2 years ago. Not sure he is still doing it. You could try sending him a PM and asking, but it would be pretty simple to do if you yourself following his idea if you really wanted one.

The aux fuel pump would be for pushing fuel to the main tank from an aux fuel cell, also mounted on the rear somewhere, which is something a lot of LD riders like having to stretch the range of the bike by increasing the fuel capacity to the IBA maximum.

There are no fuel delivery issues with FJRs from the main fuel tank.

Waiting for the next batch.

The '08 awaits farkling and the illusive death of the '05
no.gif

Tony,

Road Runner (Art) has been making a few again. I received mine the week before last to continue my winter farkling projects on the 14ES.

Thanks again for the quick service and great bracket Art!

Does anyone know if this is still available? I pm'd road runner a week or so ago and have not heard from him.
I suggest you wait a bit longer.

Nobody else makes these things (that I'm aware of) and Art (aka road runner) is a very part time participant here, probably quite busy getting ready for a trip to one of the FJR Owners Meetings that are upcoming. I happen to know that he is a pro marine mechanic, and only produced these brackets as a favor to the other FJR owners in the community when he saw the need. Often our real world obligation get in the way of our fun time stuff. I'm sure you can relate to that.

So, either wait a bit longer, or see if you can fab up something similar from his designs.

It's all good. We're all just trying to get the best out of these great bikes, after all

;)

Does anyone know if this is still available? I pm'd road runner a week or so ago and have not heard from him.

Nobody else makes these things (that I'm aware of) and Art (aka road runner) is a very part time participant here, probably quite busy getting ready for a trip to one of the FJR Owners Meetings that are upcoming. I happen to know that he is a pro marine mechanic, and only produced these brackets as a favor to the other FJR owners in the community when he saw the need. Often our real world obligation get in the way of our fun time stuff. I'm sure you can relate to that.

So, either wait a bit longer, or see if you can fab up something similar from his designs.

It's all good. We're all just trying to get the best out of these great bikes, after all

wink.png
I can relate to that !!!!

wink.png
I totally get it and can wait. I only picked up my new to me 2010 3 weeks ago and I am putting my shopping list together for the work to be done in the off season.

BTW, 08FJR4ME Your Ram-Bone ram mount is top shelf, It works great.

wink.png
I totally get it and can wait. I only picked up my new to me 2010 3 weeks ago and I am putting my shopping list together for the work to be done in the off season.

BTW, 08FJR4ME Your Ram-Bone ram mount is top shelf, It works great.
Thanks, Dave

I'm in for one as well.... if your still up for making some more.

Hate to make one myself if I can send some money to an entrepreneur

My Fuzeblock fits perfectly in the recessed area under the two straps in the far tail section. I can send a picture if you like.

I would buy one too. Today. Does the member still make them? If not, would anyone that has already bought one be kind enough to draw up some measurements? I can probably find a local fab guy in Atlanta. But I would rather pay the guy that invented it for his work and ingenuity.

Hey Gang

I've not been around for a while,
fool.gif
sorry. I'm back now so anyone want a bracket post up or pm and I'll get it to you. I have 2 left until I make the next batch.

Art