Georgia FJR Riders Group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mr. wheatonFJR speaks wisdom -- for perhaps the first time ever.

When you're Viewing New Content, pay attention to the parameters on the left side of the screen. They have a big effect on what you will see.

OK guys, Mother Nature is going to push this cold front through north Georgia this week and the weekend is looking like it should be first rate. Looking to see if anyone else is planning on a little 2-wheel time on Saturday. Not sure I will have the time for a 400+ mile day, but do plan on getting out for a least a little while and enjoy the day. Was thinking about hitting TWO in Suches for an early lunch and then heading out from there. I know a lot of people are recovering from EOM last week, but was not able to participate this year. If you are ready for a nice afternoon across the north Georgia mountains, then why don’t you come out and play. I plan on hitting TWO around 11:30 and pulling out to ride around 12:30. Come join if you are so inclined.

I won't be able to participate this weekend, cuz it's wifey time after being gone at EOM...plus, I need to save these tars for the Hooterville event coming up.

If I didn't have that going on, I would be all over this.

Maybe later in the riding season for me...I'll definitely get over there sometime. That's some good ridin!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ditto. Social stuff with the not-quite-wifey this weekend.

It's only fair: for me, she sacrificed her butt on the stock pillion seat through 2,200 miles last weekend.

Close the deal Hud. And do it close enough that I can ride to it.
smile.png
Yeah, don't get lazy...or apathetic.

wink.png

She said, "You must [do this thing] before we talk about it seriously."

[This thing] is in the works and out of my hands, waiting on the response and closure from another party. No, Wheatie, it's not La Cosa Nostra or some Jason Bourne CIA casework.

The ring is in my possession, waiting.

She said, "You must [do this thing] before we talk about it seriously."
[This thing] is in the works and out of my hands, waiting on the response and closure from another party. No, Wheatie, it's not La Cosa Nostra or some Jason Bourne CIA casework.

The ring is in my possession, waiting.
Break up with the other girlfriend. Done.

That was easy.

No. Some don't ride any longer; some aren't active on the Forum; some have flat out disappeared.

PM me (hover over my name and "send message") and we'll work out a time to ride .... after Thanksgiving, when my calendar clears.
sadsmiley.gif

Have you heard of the Big Money Rally? (wink, wink)

Hey, Derek! I may be down in early December to pick up some fruitcake. I love that stuff!

Id like to join the GA riders. Im in upstate SC. Are you guys going to base rides out of the Atlanta area or where?

Id like to join the GA riders. Im in upstate SC. Are you guys going to base rides out of the Atlanta area or where?

Well, I think the last ride from this group was over a year ago. Three of us. And we didn't ride; we ate barbecue.

There's no hierarchy here; no pecking order. Want to ride? Post up a date/time to meet and a general route. "Good roads in upstate SC" is a sufficient route description. You'll get a few responses, I promise.

Ive got a group from the other sandbox meeting at Two Wheels Only in Suches on March 29-April 2. Come camping and ride with us.

ericboutin posted: Did someone say upstate, SC??!!
Yes, brother! A noob with a thinly veiled screen name wants riding partners. He allegedly lives in SC, but has resurrected this Georgia Riders zombie thread in order to find some of us with similar moto-habits. Don't know if he lives far away from Birlin Sprangs.

Hey, Eric, you want to post up something? I'm busy at least one day every weekend from now until June 1.

(Maybe I should put on my curmudgeon face and reply, "I don't ride until winter is over."
coolsmiley02.gif
Nah.)

ericboutin posted: Did someone say upstate, SC??!!
Yes, brother! A noob with a thinly veiled screen name wants riding partners. He allegedly lives in SC, but has resurrected this Georgia Riders zombie thread in order to find some of us with similar moto-habits. Don't know if he lives far away from Birlin Sprangs.

Hey, Eric, you want to post up something? I'm busy at least one day every weekend from now until June 1.

(Maybe I should put on my curmudgeon face and reply, "I don't ride until winter is over." :coolsmiley02: Nah.)
Well I like you have weekends tied up for at least another month...now that I'm retired my week days are free-er than the weekends. That is until cutting season really gets up and rolling. I do look forward to riding with y'all again sometime soon!

"cutting season" ??????

You need me to recommend a psychotherapist? Cutting yourself will never solve your problems. You must face your problems squarely and work hard to overcome them.