Georgia FJR Riders Group

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just checking to see if the Zombie apocalypse got you Atlanta riders. No posts since March? I'm open for a meet and ride if anyone is interested. ...Don

Uncle Hud posted: I'm busy at least one day every weekend from now until June 1.
Non-FJR things keep filling in. Post up something (date, time, location, route) and see who bites.

Two weekends this summer are already filled with Atlanta rides: one to northern New York and one to (and across) the Mackinac Bridge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdy all. Rags here with a new to me FJR. Live both in Dahlonega and Henry County. Will take a few weeks to get the bike in order for some serious riding, but for now Im taking smaller rides to figure out what needs fixing. So far the most is helibar riser to bring riding position less forward on my wrists. Otherwise love the bike. Will be checking back here as new posts arrive and maybe get out to ride once this heat breaks?

Short term goal. Dragon/ skyway.

Intermediate goal: in state Georgia SS1000

Long term goal. CC50

I've got MVMottrad riser plate. Do an Advanced Search (gear icon to the right of the search box) for "bar riser" and see what you get. Lots of discussion here, but the MV plate was easy to install and provides a threaded hole for a RAM mount.

This thread's been mostly dead for years. Check the southeast ride planning section, but be aware of SFO and EOM; they're loads of fun.

Hello Georgia FJR riders. I own a Gen II since last 5 years. Just came across this area of the forum. Hopefully I will ride with some of you in future.

Hello Georgia FJR riders.
Hello to you Mr. FJR1300OFIndian, and welcome to the forum.  I want to be helpful and suggest you look around the Forum, check out New Member section, and look for upcoming events in your part of the US.  BTW, you found a thread to post on which is three years old, but now everyone here sees you're the new guy!  Welcome! 😝

Haha. Didn't even see the date. That means there is no hope for any local meets. Lol. 

I looked around but looks like there isn't much happening on this board for Georgia meets. 

I looked around but looks like there isn't much happening on this board for Georgia meets. 
However there are always the most excellent regional meets and peple that include Eastern Owners Meet (EOM) next month in this thread.  We devote a whole section of the board to these regional and sometimes international organized events.