Get out your blankets...Hell is freezing over!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

01VFR

Reaction score
A pretty rare thing happened yesterday. I bought another 2008 FJR. Now the stable has 2 - 2008 FJR's and a lonely 2001 VFR. I am sure my wife never thought this would happen - owning 3 bikes at once. As luck (some good/some bad) would have it, I crashed my first 2008 FJR in NM and have agreed to a total loss settlement with the ins co. I didn't accept their offer yet as I was hoping to find another and be able to swap out my farkles while side by side. And luck was on my side on this one. Then on Monday, I will accept the insurance settlement and have to say goodbye to my first FJR.

The new steed is a 2008 that seemed to be a garage queen with only 2,022 miles. It's a shame I am going to put her to the test next summer in the IBR. Existing farkles include a second look tank bra and a sticker on the gas cap. The PO didn't ride her enough to warrant owning her, so I will fix that problem. On the test ride, I noticed right away that the clutch is totally f'd up. It will require the plate soaking (this alone may be why it wasn't ridden). I never had experienced anything this bad on my first 2008. Hopefully that will resolve the problem.

I need to swap rear sub-frames this weekend as I had mine reinforced when replaced under warranty. I remember seeing a write up on the removal someone did. I've searched for "how to remove rear sub frame" with no luck. If anyone remembers seeing this link, please pass it along to me.

Picture will come later...my work blocked the photobucket website. :angry2:

DSCN0984.jpg

DSCN0982.jpg

Corey

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, well, well. I guess that makes you a Gen II DOUBLE PANSY! Not necessarily something to be proud of.

Be sure to get a photo of you wearing your dress while riding that POS.

:)

Well, well, well. I guess that makes you a Gen II DOUBLE PANSY! Not necessarily something to be proud of.

Give me a little credit. I crashed by Gen II. I knew I couldn't handle a Gen I. :rolleyes:

Oh, if anyone else is looking for a new 2009, I have a dealer that is pretty much willing to give one away. He was almost crying when I told him I decided to buy a used 2008 instead. Seriously, best price around.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corey glad you got a new bike and its hardly used so thats great. Have fun with the swap.

Hope the switch over goes well.

Hey maybe dont have the bags on when the insurance picks it up they wont even know that it has sidebags.

Give me a little credit. I crashed by Gen II. I knew I couldn't handle a Gen I. :rolleyes:

Oh, if anyone else is looking for a new 2009, I have a dealer that is pretty much willing to give one away. He was almost crying when I told him I decided to buy a used 2008 instead. Seriously, best price around.
If you're talking about Iowa City Motorsports, they still have a new 09 A leftover.

I got their leftover 08 A today, 19 miles on the clock after my test ride, signed the papers and rode her home, how sweet it is!

And Scoot I too am a Gen II Double Pansy, and the dress fits just fine Thank YOU!..................................Kiss-Kiss---Love ya Baby :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

If you're talking about Iowa City Motorsports, they still have a new 09 A leftover.

I got their leftover 08 A today, 19 miles on the clock after my test ride, signed the papers and rode her home, how sweet it is!

And Scoot I too am a Gen II Double Pansy, and the dress fits just fine Thank YOU!..................................Kiss-Kiss---Love ya Baby :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
I tried to buy their 08 twice in IC...but they wanted way too much $$$. I won't even tell you about the new 09 pricing I got...it was in AZ and I was ready to fly out and ride it home. Let's just say my insurance proceeds would have almost covered the purchase.

I tried to buy their 08 twice in IC...but they wanted way too much $$$. I won't even tell you about the new 09 pricing I got...it was in AZ and I was ready to fly out and ride it home. Let's just say my insurance proceeds would have almost covered the purchase.

Don't know if it was way to much, bought at their cost, no add ons,no set up or other BS charges, yes I saw the invoice.

Don't know if it was way to much, bought at their cost, no add ons,no set up or other BS charges, yes I saw the invoice.
So.............what was the price paid for this pansy FJR? And where's the piccie of you riding in your dress?

Scoooter don't know what the price on the pansy one was.........................this one was $11,788

DSCN0166.jpg

Gee, my stable is starting to look a little dark isn't it?

Sorry, my dress is in the wash, how 'bout a leg shot instead

DSCN0171.jpg