Get Your National Parks Geezer Pass Now!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred W

1 Wheel Drive
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
...if you can.

Older people can expect a big jump sometime next year in the fee for a lifetime pass to visit national parks, as part of a larger move to pay for major projects and enhanced services.

The fee for a lifetime pass for citizens 62 and older will go from $10 to $80. An annual pass will cost them $20, which they can apply to the cost of a lifetime pass at a later point if they decide they want one.

But if you get a lifetime pass before the change is implemented, it will cost only $10. Passes can be purchased online for an additional service fee of $10 or at any of the parks without an extra charge.

National Park Service officials are unsure how long it will take to implement the change, but it’s expected before the end of 2017. Meantime, they are spreading the word informally.

I still have to wait another 2 years to qualify, so I guess I'll be paying the higher fee. Maybe one could just pay $20 a year for 4 years?

The wife will be getting one asap since I would have to wait 2 years for the senior pass. Thanks for the heads up!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was planning to get one this year. Now that I see this I will have to hurry. Thanks Fred.

The politically correct term is "Senior Pass", if you please.. It's good at national parks as well as national monuments. America the Beautiful Pass is a deal of the century!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, glad I bought mine last year on the ride to Hurricane Ridge. Can't hardly wait until I get a License Tab Renewal. A lot of people are reporting tabs are about triple of last years due to various Light Rail projects.