Getting ready for the SS1000/BB1500

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pegsparks

Reaction score
I was down at the beach last week and my buddy FJRBandit happen to come down for the weekend. I met him at the Sandestin Resort, knocked back a few and talked strategy(while checking out the bikinis).

Chilling out and keeping a low profile since the wives were in the vicinity. FJRBandit with the glass, and me.

HangnWithTurkLarge.jpg

Back at the condo cooking up the SS1000 strategy feast, shrimp and oysters. Getting ready to go in the pot.

Shrimp1Large.jpg

The finished product.

Shrimp2Large.jpg

I believe Turk could have eaten shrimp until he busted a gut. Sorry the earthRooster couldn't be there since he's the one who came up with the SS1000/BB1500 ride. Don't worry Rooster we were thinking about you.

Are you guys trying to store energy for the ride the way a bear stores up for hibernation? If so maybe I will adopt this strategy myself.

Dinner was awesome and the company was even better. Thanks to Sparks and his lovely bride for having us over for a wonderful evening! And yep - scrimps don't stand a chance when I'm around, and neither do the barley and hops :D

BTW Fish - I had Redfish for the first time a couple of weeks ago in Jackson, MS. That had to be the absolute best fish I have ever eaten. Sparks and I need to ride down and do a little Redfish hunting with you. (nothing like inviting yourself is there?) B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm sure you guys missed me every minute. Uh huh. While I've been toiling and sweating over routes and working all weekend. Yup. ;)

See you at 0445 Friday the 13th! :D

(now I have a taste for good shrimp... damn)

BTW Fish - I had Redfish for the first time a couple of weeks ago in Jackson, MS. That had to be the absolute best fish I have ever eaten. Sparks and I need to ride down and do a little Redfish hunting with you. (nothing like inviting yourself is there?) B)
One of the best things about catching redfish is being able to eat redfish. I prefer to sightfish for them in shallow water but if I had to feed you guys I might have to resort to this:

IMG_5647.jpg
">

BTW, I am planning my SS1K attempt for Saturday the 14th. I wish you guys lots of luck.

What is your planned route? are you riding solo or do you have a riding partner?

We are either going Northeast to Huntington, WV... or Northwest to St. Louis. Then Sat, likely to Memphis to round out the Bun Burner.

Good luck!

Unfortunately, Dad has charters to run all weekend and I was not sure I should do this to him anyway. I will be going solo. My plan "A" trip straight north to Detroit got cancelled because the friend I was going to visit is coming home that weekend. Therefore I am going to ride I-10 here to San Antonio, TX and back. That way I will be home that night and will not be away from the family for more than one day. I feel really really smart for picking mid-July to ride 1000 miles in South Louisiana and Texas heat...

Unfortunately, Dad has charters to run all weekend and I was not sure I should do this to him anyway. I will be going solo. My plan "A" trip straight north to Detroit got cancelled because the friend I was going to visit is coming home that weekend. Therefore I am going to ride I-10 here to San Antonio, TX and back. That way I will be home that night and will not be away from the family for more than one day. I feel really really smart for picking mid-July to ride 1000 miles in South Louisiana and Texas heat...

:lol: I hear you! We would have done this a month ago but we couldn't get our schedules to work. Now our route just depends on rain. We'll see what it looks like in a couple of days.

We're doing a loop and back to home for the SS. Then if all goes well we'll catch some sleep and get up to run another ~500 to make the BB. Hopefully we'll even grab lunch at interesting places. Good times. :D

I was down at the beach last week and my buddy FJRBandit happen to come down for the weekend. I met him at the Sandestin Resort, knocked back a few and talked strategy(while checking out the bikinis).I believe Turk could have eaten shrimp until he busted a gut.
Yeah looks like you crazy bastid's were working real hard on the SS1000/BB1500 routes all weekend!!! Beach, sunshine, ocean, bikini clad hoochie mommas!!! :fuck: If this is "work" I'd hate to see you guys relaxing!!! :eek: ... ;) ... :D