Getting your full monies worth out of your FJR...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SouthernCruizer

Is it Beer:30 yet?
Reaction score
wow...this guy has it going on. By land, by sea, and who knows, maybe a drone packed in there for by air!
smile.png

From KillBoy.com web site this week.

Capture_zps9p9upzw9.jpg

Wow, that actually looks scary to me. I have experience pulling trailers with trucks, but zero

experience pulling a trailer with a motorcycle. When pulling a trailer with a truck there tends

to be a couple of weak links. Braking and transmission heat.

First off I can't tell. Does that trailer have brakes? Maybe some swerve brakes? If not can an

FJR actually stop that thing in a hard braking situation? Would it cause the bike to jackknife?

Since a bike lubricates the engine and transmission with the same oil is heat build up a big factor?

You need and oil cooler? Or can you manage the heat by gear selection and speed?

I refuse to get a trailer cause my wife would just fill it up with more stuff. One of the reasons I

love motorcycle travel is cause loading and unloading is easy. When we take the camper unloading is

much more complicated.

That picture is spectacular. I have seen harleys with less lean angle there on the Dragon.

That guy is really a hero. How awesome would that be? Ride across the country/world to the best roads, rivers, lakes, and campgrounds. Drop the trailer and take a great bike to the twisties. All in the comforts of home. Well almost.

Nope not me, but it's nice to see another FJR ('06 from the color?) towing one of these. These little trailers handle very well behind the FJR, as I towed one behind my old Gen 1. Just leave yourself enough following/braking distance...