Givi Lid Panel for 2007 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capn'D

Reaction score
I am in the process of putting a Givi V46 topcase on my FJR and thought it would be really cool to purchase it with a lid panel that matched the 2007 black cherry. In looking at several vendors I noted that Givi had matches for '04 and '06 Yamaha Silver and for '05 Yamaha blue, but nothing for the '07. So, off to the FJR Forum for a search....Only to find a great post by MPTruck in which he bought a Givi matching lid panel for his 2007, he even provided a Givi part number (C46R353), and pictures. It looked really nice!

Using the part number and Google I found a couple of resellers that still had the part number listed, but in all cases it was marked as discontinued. I contacted Givi via email and their response was a quick but terse "this product is no longer available". I then found a reseller in Italy that had it listed and in-stock and I thought another product the European's get but we don't! I sent them an email with an inquiry on cost and shipping only to be told that it was not an available product for them in Italy anymore either.

So, what gives? Anybody know why Givi discontinued this product? They are still selling specific Yamaha colors for 04, 05 and 06, why not 07? Color matching issues? Paint problems? Costs for that color?

I have researched the ColorRite option of just purchasing the matte black Givi lid and painting it myself, which I am capable of doing; however, by the time you buy the Givi lid, primer, paint and clear coat you will have spent about 4 times the money that you can buy the other colors from Givi (becasue you're just doing a one-off).

Just curious if anyone has the answer to Givi's actions on this issue? And, hopefully this post will help anyone who begins the search for a 2007 matched color lid for their Givi box - it appears they don't exist anymore.

I am in the process of putting a Givi V46 topcase on my FJR and thought it would be really cool to purchase it with a lid panel that matched the 2007 black cherry. In looking at several vendors I noted that Givi had matches for '04 and '06 Yamaha Silver and for '05 Yamaha blue, but nothing for the '07. So, off to the FJR Forum for a search....Only to find a great post by MPTruck in which he bought a Givi matching lid panel for his 2007, he even provided a Givi part number (C46R353), and pictures. It looked really nice!
Using the part number and Google I found a couple of resellers that still had the part number listed, but in all cases it was marked as discontinued. I contacted Givi via email and their response was a quick but terse "this product is no longer available". I then found a reseller in Italy that had it listed and in-stock and I thought another product the European's get but we don't! I sent them an email with an inquiry on cost and shipping only to be told that it was not an available product for them in Italy anymore either.

So, what gives? Anybody know why Givi discontinued this product? They are still selling specific Yamaha colors for 04, 05 and 06, why not 07? Color matching issues? Paint problems? Costs for that color?

I have researched the ColorRite option of just purchasing the matte black Givi lid and painting it myself, which I am capable of doing; however, by the time you buy the Givi lid, primer, paint and clear coat you will have spent about 4 times the money that you can buy the other colors from Givi (becasue you're just doing a one-off).

Just curious if anyone has the answer to Givi's actions on this issue? And, hopefully this post will help anyone who begins the search for a 2007 matched color lid for their Givi box - it appears they don't exist anymore.
Go back and check GIVI. I have an 07 and I have the same box with the color matched top cover.

I have one of the first color matched V46 lids on my '07. I bugged them for months until they gave in and decided to make it an actual part. They discontinued it shortly after because they said the color matching was to difficult with the Black Cherry. They were having a hard time staying consistent with the color and metal flake mix. Mine looks great IMO.

I have researched the ColorRite option of just purchasing the matte black Givi lid and painting it myself...
My matte black lid does not have a smooth surface, it's textured. My Cerulean lid sits in a box, as I mounted a luggage rack and flagpole mount on the black one, and it is a major pain to switch lids back and forth. At some point, I plan to pick up another box to adorn with the matched lid, for formal get-togethers...

I ordered my V46 with the gloss silver lid and shipped it to garauld to have it painted. He has the reputation here, on the forum, of doing excellent work. I was just notified yesterday that it's on the way back.

You're right that it winds up costing more money, but I don't see any option. The gloss silver lid added $46 to the cost of the box and then there's garauld's costs (somewhere around $120 including shipping - I don't know exactly since I haven't got it back yet.) Check out the great job he did matching Wicked Webby's E52 lid.

I looked into purchasing the paint and having a buddy of mine who's an accomplished painter spray it for me. You're right, though, the paint is really expensive. Garauld's doing it for me for way less than it would have cost me to go that route.

With that being said, the gloss silver lid didn't look too bad on my 07, since it matches the silver trim very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bluegrass - great idea on the Garauld suggestion, his work is always talked about on this forum and I couldn't do it any cheaper

ToeCutter - Thanks for letting me know the matte black is not a smooth finish. I would have made that mistake. You just put money back in my pocket!