Givi top box

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BBQ

Reaction score
I have a Givi E 52 top box and love the room it gives me. Here is the problem - the electrical pressure contactor inside the top box seems to have failed - as in maybe a broken spring.

So I have spent hours on-line searching for this switch and have not found it ( I have found an E 97 light kit). Can one of you electrical gurus direct me to a site where I can buy a replacement switch only.

Thanks

BBQ

I have a Givi E 52 top box and love the room it gives me. Here is the problem - the electrical pressure contactor inside the top box seems to have failed - as in maybe a broken spring.
So I have spent hours on-line searching for this switch and have not found it ( I have found an E 97 light kit). Can one of you electrical gurus direct me to a site where I can buy a replacement switch only.

Thanks

BBQ
Try Givi Online

Word is they respond promptly with info and the best source close to you.

You might also contact twistedthrottle.com or ridenowonline.com, both of which are big Givi distributors.

Then there's this: Givi Canada site Link is for a E52 diagrame with parts listed.

I had the same problem with my Givi E-52 on my ST1100, I switched to Ad-More Light to my Givi when I got my FJR, check them out, you may need to add a little WD40 to the contact, you can also pop the cover on the switch (inside the Givi) and push it out.

BTY I'm spending the weekend at Roche Harbor this weekend.

See ya,

Marcus

I had the same problem with my Givi E-52 on my ST1100, I switched to Ad-More Light to my Givi when I got my FJR, check them out, you may need to add a little WD40 to the contact, you can also pop the cover on the switch (inside the Givi) and push it out.
Marcus, wat's this ad-more light ?

Mine had a "stuck' pin, one of the pins would move very roughly, not pop out if it went in too far. Popped the cap off the button inside the case, unhooked the wires (just a screw-type fastener) and pried the button out. I'd hoped to find some crud built up, but no, the plastic apparently is soft enough to just get tighter over time. I popped the pin out, and used a small jeweler's screwdriver as a chisel to enlarge the pin's passageway, and it's all good again. A good bit of effort, but I haven't found anything to fix it otherwise short of a whole 'nother light kit, which wasn't going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try releasing the ends of the wires and checking them for breakage.

The pre-tinned ends of mine broke off and made the switch act all sketchy.

Brittle, I guess.

Shane

Latest posts