• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Givi V46 and OHFJR Rack and Light Kit

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred H.

Reaction score
For those of you looking for a good top case, here are some photos of the new Givi V46 with the color matched lid, coupled with the E250 universal mount on the OHFJR rack and my lite kit installed. Personally, I think this is the hot set up for the bike, and not only provides more space than the OEM trunk, but costs less and looks better too.

Givi reccomends the SR357 rack and mount for the 06 FJR, but I think the OHFJR rack and E250 universal mount actually look better.

The Givi V46 with color matched lid and E250 or SR357 rack can be purchased at University Motors at a decent discount at 701-235-6478

If you decide to go with the E250 Universal Mount (like I did) instead of the Givi SR357 mount, then you will need the OHFJR rack.

This can be purchased here:

https://www.premiercycleaccessories.com/fjraandba.html

If you want to add the tail/brake light kit that I make, contact me direct for that. I will ship you one for $107. My email address is fredharmonATnetzero.net (replace the AT with the @ symbol in my email address)

OHFJR Rack

medium.jpg

OHFJR rack with E250 Givi Universal Mount

medium.jpg

V46 mounted on bike with color matched lid

medium.jpg

With my LED Brake light kit installed

medium.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for putting everything in one place, Fred. I spent a couple of hours last weekend searching the forum to come up with the same collection of parts. I placed an order for the V46, universal adapter, Cobalt Blue lid, and the E95S gel backrest yesterday with Mike at University. The total came to $378 (or was it $387?), quite a lot lower than anywhere else I could find. Also ordered OHFJR's rack and will put a check in the mail to you for the light kit today/tomorrow. Looks like a great setup. For those who haven't found it, here's a link to your excellent rack/V46 installation photos.

I also spoke to Gary at University. Although the business has changed hands recently their prices aren't changing. He said the FJR forum was one of two they support (don't know what the other is), and the new owner understands that to keep our business, they have to hold the line on prices. Anyone who buys from them needs to mention the forum so that they remain so inclined. Good guys, it seems to me.

Now I'm through buyin' farkles for a while. I'm goin' ridin'! :grin:

That's a clean set up, there, Fred. Nice job. Thanks for the pics - I may yet can the 357 rack in favor of the OHFJR rack and universal mount.

I have about 5 sets of these light kits left. After they are gone, I am either going to have to raise the price, or stop making them. Let me know if you want one.

I also spoke to Gary at University. Although the business has changed hands recently their prices aren't changing. He said the FJR forum was one of two they support (don't know what the other is), and the new owner understands that to keep our business, they have to hold the line on prices. Anyone who buys from them needs to mention the forum so that they remain so inclined. Good guys, it seems to me.
Good info. I think the other forum is for the V-Max.

I completed the install of exactly the same rig (including your light kit) on Saturday. Looks great! The only extra thing I did was to get some stick-on rubber "feet" from Home Depot. I stuck three between the OHFJR rack and the FJR's rack, one at the rearmost point and one on each side. This seemed to help reduce the "spring" in the OHFJR rack. I also stuck four of the rubber feet on top of the Givi Universal mount (in lieu of the four rubber thingies that had to be removed when installing the Givi mount on OHFJR's rack). When I install the top box, it slightly compresses the rubber feet. Seems pretty stable.

How does the E52 box work on an FJR. Is it too wide?
From what I hear 46 is sufficient size. I am working now on making a deal with a shop. If all goes well, I will offer a group buy here for V46 and E250 mount.

I'm interested.

JW
My source was not able to get GIVI, so yesterday I have ordered V46 and E250 from this place https://www.ridenowonline.com/product_detai...47-8dcab3dd458f they sell V46 for 169

How does the E52 box work on an FJR. Is it too wide?
This comes up periodically. I bought the V46 for my '05 because it was the only Givi that had a color matched lid available for my bike. I am very pleased with the V46 but the E52 is much larger. Either will fit two full face helmets but the E52 fits them more easily and leaves lots of room. So, it depends on how much storage you want and which one looks better to you. I have seen both on various FJRs and they both look good. Fred makes a very nice LED light kit that only fits the V46. The light kit sold by Givi is, in my opinion, a waste of money.

I just ordered some more supplies so I can make a few more LED light kits for the V46. Price is $110 which includes shipping.

Send me a PM with your email address in it if you are interested.