Givi V46 LED Brake/tail lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fred, your setup is so much better than Givi's brake light kit. You should talk to Givi USA and see if they would be interested in buying your setup. I'm looking forward to putting one of these on my V46. :yahoo: :yahoo:

You did a nice job Fred. I like the way they are tail lights as well as brake lights. I installed the Givi setup last weekend. I have fiddled with it on and off most of the week. It is currently working. Has been an on/off proposition. We will see how it all holds up. First cattle gaurd will most likely cause problems. The Givi light system is not a high quality item. Their cases are nice though.

All five initial ones are spoken for. I have ordered the parts to begin fabricating the circuit cards and components.

I am having a hard time finding suitable connectors. I think I will end up using mini-DIN connectors. The mini-molex connects look nice and are small, but I am not sure they will hold up over time.

I also found and ordered some even brighter LEDs (6,000 mcd) that I will be testing out.

I am making progress. Got much of the stuff I ordered to make the light kits up today, including copper PC board, which I will start etching soon.

I ordered some 3 pin mini-din plugs, but it doesn't look like they are going to work out, so I am going to try some simple 3 pin molded trailer plugs. They look fairly small so they should be easy to tuck out of sight. This really offers the best solution as they are more weather proof and have a more solid connection.

I have some more LED's on order that I haven't gotten yet, but I think I have enough work to keep me busy till they get here. I'll keep you posted on how it goes..

I now am ramping up for the second batch of light kits. I have gotten the PC boards from the vendor and am in the process of making 15 more kits.

See the vendor section for info on it if you are interested.

I already have a V46 with a Givi light kit installed.

Want to add an angled strip of LED on each side and patch into the existing Givi kit like this:

v46_angled_led_lights.jpg

How can I do that? Just want to add more visibility when I brake.