Gloves, boots, and cycleport gear.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kind of overmitts are you using?
I currently have some I picked up from Cycleport at WFO in Park City. They're not breathable, so condensation from warm hands just about negates the waterproof quality. I'm in the market for something better.

I've been looking at these Aerostich jobs, but for 50 bucks they better be perfect. If you find some Gore-Tex covers, report back....

Last edited by a moderator:
Cycleport mesh gear for me. Proven it's worth. Since upgraded to quad armor that I, obviously, hope never to test. Fellow Michelin-men unite!

I was wearing my Held Phanotm gloves at the time of my get-off so I did not get to test the Cycleport Keprotech gloves that I also ride with frequently. Helds were wonderful and the palm of one got chewed up enough to convinced me that my hand would have been torn up without the protection. The Cycleport gloves are not waterproof but they dry quickly so for rain when it's not cold they are great. I, too, am considering the Aerostitch three fingered overgloves for those cold, wet days (I figure that if I buy 'em then I will never need 'em).

Back to the original question: Boots proven in a get-off? Daytona, Daytona, Daytona. Comfortable, Gore-tex lined, well armoured. At 35 mph no visbile damage to footwear, and no contusions, lacerations, incisions or any other unwanted skin/bone/muscle-affecting events. Now, if I could just break myself of the sole-surfing habit that I picked up when following TJB then the bottoms would last a while longer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to this Forum I got turned on to the Cycleport Air Mesh kevlar riding gear. But I'll have to wait until next Spring to order some for my girlfriend and myself. I figured I'd spend what cash I had for M/C gear this year on new Arai Corsair V helmets for my girlfriend and myself. I used what cash I had left over for 2 Power Trip jackets that have body armor and only cost me $300 for both jackets. Not the best riding jackets but they do offer some protection and the cost was within my budget.

I see that the Penguin Road Racing School rents Gaerne Boots for use during their Road Racing School at Loudon. Anyone used these boots and if so how is the Protection, fit, quality, and workmanship?

I have been using the Cycleport gear for over a year and never ride without the jacket. The pants get put on for long distance riding. I also have the Kevlar gloves and like them too.

I recently got the liners for the Cycleport gear. I found that when riding for a while in the rain, the water puddles in the crotch and it eventually comes through the velcro/flap/zipper. Has anyone had this happen to them? Solutions? I emailed Wayne at Cycleport and he said that it does not leak. HMMMMMMM it did leak for me.

Cycleport is the right choice if you can afford it!!!