Going back to an FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyRider

Reaction score
Well my 2008 was totaled in 2014 (t-boned in a parking lot) and now buying a used 2014 tomorrow! I've owned over 1/2 dozen new lighter bikes but none have something I've been happy with. Right now I own a new triumph T120 bonneville and it's way too slow my happiness. Anyway no dealers have anything in stock so I'm buying a used bike and hopefully it will be my last.

Last edited:
I know what you mean. I bought a brand-new Kaw Ninja1000, which is a really fun bike. Fast, and lighter, too. But not as nice to ride as the FJR. So instead of selling the Yamaha, I’ll sell the brand new Ninja, still not even broken in.

I am considering a similar move. Sold my '07 (miss Draco a lot), and since have had Multistrada and 1200 GS as my longer-distance/grown up bikes. One reason was more time riding on dirt roads. What I've learned, however, is that the dirt roads I ride on are (except in mud season) pretty much hard pack with a bit of gravel when the road crews feel it's needed; not a lot of gnarly ones and certainly no off road. I'm thinking that with the right set of tires (Anakees? TKC70s), I should do just fine with a Feejer. Plus the current iteration has taken care of most of the farkles I did on my '07, plus some.

I sold my 05 twelve years ago and have had various bikes since then. My current bike a 2017 Kawasaki Versys 300x is for sale. I'm actively looking for another FJR.