Going to be a white Christmas.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The biggest PIA is that the powers to be decided to start using that corrosive de-icing crap on the roads the last ten or so years! I wish all the labral whinners would go back where they came from!

And another 3 1/4 inches last night.
Shouldn't there be an obligatory "That's what she said!" to go with that statement?

We have had a remarkably benign season so far. Perhaps a total of 3 cm (1") of snow and the coldest daytime high has been just a few degrees below freezing. The lawn is still green and my snowblower remains in the shed at the back of the house. I am certain that this will change in the very near future. In past years, we have had "permanent" snow as early as Haloween and didn't see the ground again until the first week in April. As much as I hate the snow, the low temperatures and even lower wind chills are the worst.

We have had snow since November 1st so the issue of a white Xmas isn't in doubt. Todays current temperature is - 30 C or about - 18 F. It is cold enough to freeze the balls off a pool table.
My daughter lives in Winnipeg, Manitoba and they are just on the edge of the frigid "blob" that has enveloped the west. (Not quite as bad as Alberta and Saskatchewan.) I have a forlorn hope that the cold air mass will stay out there but know that we will eventually pay for our relatively easy start to the season with much lower temperatures and lots of snow in the coming weeks. Northern New England and Canada's Maritime Provinces are forecast to have a bit more snow than normal this winter although temperatures are expected to be (relatively) benign.