Goodbye, 2017. Brekkie and a Ride? Sacramento Area weenies?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A few years ago, there was a pretty strong FJR contingent in the Sacramento/NorCal area that would gather at the drop of a hat and jump

at the chance to go for a Sunday morning ride with the gang.

I reckon those days are gone.

Times have changed, connections have withered, and we've gotten older

and less inclined to just put on the gear and hit the road.

Still, it would be nice to see a few familiar faces, so. . .

Tomorrow morning (Sunday 12/31/2017) @ 0900.

Brookfields Restaurant (they have a pretty good Santa Fe Benedict) at Hwy. 50 and Sunrise.

We're planning to meet there for breakfast and then a casual ride down Hwy. 49 to Jackson or Angels Camp or somewhere down thataway.

Nothing too exciting, but just a chance to get in a few motorbike miles before calling it a year.

Just washed and shined the King Ranch FJRWing, and thinking it would be nice to maybe see some of the local yokels that had nothing better to do on a day

in late December.

IN, so far -

Old Michael and Laura

beemerdons

Niehart (is he still alive?)

James Burleigh

Silver Penguin

Genichi Kawakami
Fairlaner

Ignacio

Bustanut Joker

Generalissimo Francisco Franco

Neil Young

barb's great great grandchildren

BikerGeek

Skyway

Ponyfool

Ari Rankum

Eámon de Valera

exskibum

MEM

Thom Yorke

tcfjr

rushes

Bike Effects

Benmont Tench

Just kidding.

Just me and the gal, so far.

Happy New Year.

...and a lyric-

Long may you run.
Although these changes
have come
With your chrome heart shining
in the sun
Long may you run.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michelle and I will be IN right after we make a quick stop in Ashland.

Happy new year to all.

Man OM, that's one of the best songs ever and I never tire of hearing it! What a great album by PF.

Plus, now that I lost my best buddy/riding partner/Dad in October to Lou Gehrig's disease, it has taken on a special personal meaning.

I hope you get a full quorum of riders tomorrow.

Brian the biknflyfisher

Hey ya dork (AJ taught me how to use the big words), the ride has always on New Years Day. We're off tomorrow to visit the Highlanders in Carson City. However on Monday....New Years Day Mrs Bug are riding if you care to join us for a lap around the Sutter Buttes and lunch somewhere.

Brian, our condolences and best wishes for 2018. Thank you.

DougieBear, I've gotta do this today. New Years Day is cluttered with other stuff for us.

And, the Sutter Buttes? I'm afraid of heights.

Give our best to the Nevada Hillbillies Highlanders.

smile.png

Would have been there but with your typical notice I didn't have time to get the studded tires on the wing.
rolleyes.gif

Wish I would have seen this earlier - I'm down the road by Sac State and would have enjoyed the ride. Next time - maybe after my new shock/spring arrives and gets installed...

Paul

I went down at 9 and sat in the restaurant till 9:15, thinking up snarky posts I was going to put up, but about the time I was heading for the door, up walk Mike and Laura. So we had breakfast anyway and then a nice little ride down 49 to Angels Camp and back into the valley by hwy. 4. Nice brisk day (37 when I left home), a little smoky all over from somewhere, but a very nice way to end the year. He's right, you know, you Sac area riders. We've lost a lot of that local spirit. Hope if the old dogs don't carry it on, some young pups step up--like young pawfeejer up there. Show up next time. But know you've always got to watch close. OM is famous for these last-minute call ups.

Good ride today, good to see the OMs, and happy new year to all of you.

I went down at 9 and sat in the restaurant till 9:15, thinking up snarky posts I was going to put up, but about the time I was heading for the door, up walk Mike and Laura. So we had breakfast anyway and then a nice little ride down 49 to Angels Camp and back into the valley by hwy. 4. Nice brisk day (37 when I left home), a little smoky all over from somewhere, but a very nice way to end the year. He's right, you know, you Sac area riders. We've lost a lot of that local spirit. Hope if the old dogs don't carry it on, some young pups step up--like young pawfeejer up there. Show up next time. But know you've always got to watch close. OM is famous for these last-minute call ups.
If there was enough time to actually plan on attending, there would be more people... OM is not the only member of the "Old Dogs" so don't leave it to the young pups... show them how it's done properly and pass the baton appropriately. ;)

Mikey, thanks for joining us yesterday. Very good to see you, and catch up.

But, who are these "old dogs" you mentioned? FJRay lives way up in Oregontucky.

Ain't it great to be able to ride in late December? (60ºF and hazy skies by noon.)

@ 02:06 AM, Tyler posted - If there was enough time to actually plan on attending, ...
T, perhaps a focus on better time management would be a good resolution for you?

grin.gif

Happy New Year, woman.

pawfeejer, in June there'll be a gathering in BC.