Goodbye Racheal

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Morning All!

My riding buddy from Orlando called me a month ago. He has gotten to that age and is hanging up his spurs. Wants me to have his 2014 FJR and offered me a really great deal. I responded that I already have a bike, my 2005 RSTD. My baby! Driven her from FL to Nova Scotia. Driven her to British Columbia. Driven her to Texas. Driven her up the Outer Banks. Driven her down the California Coast. Driven her in daily snow when she was all I had. My buddy was insistent, though, indicated his was newer, true, and sportier, debatable. Finally told him if God helped me sell mine I would buy his. He agreed and we started praying. Before I could advertise the bike, Before I finished changing all the fluids, my Baby, Racheal, sold to another of my Christian buddies!

I am taking her to her new owner today which is the anniversary of the trip up the Outer Banks I took with my brother 4 yrs ago. We returned via Blue Ridge Parkway. We were re-enacting a our first trip together when he was 12 and I was 20 and we spent a summer touring the country on a Suzuki 550. Yea, I know, who lets a 12 yr old ride around the country with a 20yr old? Covid took him this year.IMG15810.JPG

So today is something special to me! Thought I would share.

Last edited:
So sorry to hear about your brother.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bike. What area of FL you are in?

So sad ... yet so true how this story hits us all.

I lost my riding buddy last year to Covid ... sold both his 2 bikes this Spring... and now I wish I had bought 1 to remind me of him.

At least you got the memories ... and his bike. Cherish them both!

So sad ... yet so true how this story hits us all.

I lost my riding buddy last year to Covid ... sold both his 2 bikes this Spring... and now I wish I had bought 1 to remind me of him.

At least you got the memories ... and his bike. Cherish them both!
Morning Roger!
Thanks for sharing. I am blessed because of my brothers.
Pray that God's Peace surrounds you and that He strengthens your memories!

Thanks.
Jacksonville currently. My job, in construction, has us moving every other year or so. Very nomadic life!
Well, full of new beginnings? Do you have the FJR now?

Hello Yar, any updates on your bike or rides?

Morning All!

My riding buddy from Orlando called me a month ago. He has gotten to that age and is hanging up his spurs. Wants me to have his 2014 FJR and offered me a really great deal. I responded that I already have a bike, my 2005 RSTD. My baby! Driven her from FL to Nova Scotia. Driven her to British Columbia. Driven her to Texas. Driven her up the Outer Banks. Driven her down the California Coast. Driven her in daily snow when she was all I had. My buddy was insistent, though, indicated his was newer, true, and sportier, debatable. Finally told him if God helped me sell mine I would buy his. He agreed and we started praying. Before I could advertise the bike, Before I finished changing all the fluids, my Baby, Racheal, sold to another of my Christian buddies!

I am taking her to her new owner today which is the anniversary of the trip up the Outer Banks I took with my brother 4 yrs ago. We returned via Blue Ridge Parkway. We were re-enacting a our first trip together when he was 12 and I was 20 and we spent a summer touring the country on a Suzuki 550. Yea, I know, who lets a 12 yr old ride around the country with a 20yr old? Covid took him this year.View attachment 1968

So today is something special to me! Thought I would share.
Welcome to the forum. You both are looking great with your rides. Best of luck for your upcoming treats

Hello Yar, any updates on your bike or rides?
Thanks for inquiring Cycle!
Outside of the barn door "High Touring Windshield" (Game changer) I have not received other parts yet.
Working on:
Foot pegs
Tail luggage
Dark Side tire. Not looking for a fight or to offend others here. I've read most of everything about the subject, know the pros and cons and have experience with the Dark Side on my previous bike. For me, it resonates with why I ride. To put it another way my wife would not travel to Cuba with me. When asked she answered, "You see a No Trespassing sign and think Hum, I wonder what is over there!" That's the kind of guy I am. That's the kind of girl she is.

Once they arrive I'll post pictures

Anyone want 2014 OEM Windshield?

Thanks for inquiring Cycle!
Outside of the barn door "High Touring Windshield" (Game changer) I have not received other parts yet.
Working on:
Foot pegs
Tail luggage
Dark Side tire. Not looking for a fight or to offend others here. I've read most of everything about the subject, know the pros and cons and have experience with the Dark Side on my previous bike. For me, it resonates with why I ride. To put it another way my wife would not travel to Cuba with me. When asked she answered, "You see a No Trespassing sign and think Hum, I wonder what is over there!" That's the kind of guy I am. That's the kind of girl she is.

Once they arrive I'll post pictures

Anyone want 2014 OEM Windshield?
Thanks too for responding.

I've seen pics of Racheal having nice pegs and windshield, imagining what your FJR will look like.

Dark Side tire. I hear you.😀 You have the experience. How do you compare those two tires in terms of handling? Interesting analogy on Cuba and wife.🙂

Excited to see those pics.

Thanks too for responding.

I've seen pics of Racheal having nice pegs and windshield, imagining what your FJR will look like.

Dark Side tire. I hear you.😀 You have the experience. How do you compare those two tires in terms of handling? Interesting analogy on Cuba and wife.🙂

Excited to see those pics.
On Rachael the difference was so minor I quickly got use to the "norm" of a car tire. I am curious what the experience on Rahael2 will be. She is substantially different then Rachael. Commuting, about 400 miles, on her each week. I'll burn through a mc tire in about 4 months.

On Rachael the difference was so minor I quickly got use to the "norm" of a car tire. I am curious what the experience on Rahael2 will be. She is substantially different then Rachael. Commuting, about 400 miles, on her each week. I'll burn through a mc tire in about 4 months.
You do need a car tire. Have you visited this thread?