Goodmans wrecked in KY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyway as of now there is a 90% I'll be back to riding as soon as I can, but an 80% chance the special time of our lives taking these trips together is over. That's really sad for both of us, but I can't imagine she will be comfortable again, and I can't ask her to take that risk. Thanks to this forum for getting us into it in the first place. It's been awesome.

Right now, there is no decision to be made because you can't ride. Focus on the task at hand... get the surgery, do the PT, get back to health and well being in body, mind and spirit. Only then can you both make the decision to ride again. Right after an incident is filled with emotion so just let it work its course and figure out what's next... and I know several 2-up riders that have had incidents like this and both are back on the bike... because they love it and each other so much... just give it some time. Wishing you both quick healing!

We made it home. It's kind of entertaining as we manage to do things with my one working arm and her with none. But we are very blessed with helpful friends and family. She's only cried twice since the accident and the second was this morning when I took her outside to see the flowers blooming and she saw the missing Goldwing in the stall. That was tough.

Very sorry to hear of your accident. My thoughts are with you and Tammy. Praying you heal well and quickly.

Thank you for posting the details. If posting the details influences just one person it could change a life.