GORE-TEX gloves for summer?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rider_FJR

Reaction score
I currently own Held Warm and Dry gloves, which are GORE-TEX.

Do any of you use GORE-TEX gloves as summer-spring-fall gloves?

Or do you have regular gloves, without GORE-TEX for summer, wet days?

I have a pair of Held Air and Dry. I like the dual pocket design. They are expensive but very good quality.

I use a couple of different solutions for rain. Spring and fall I use Rev'it Kelvin H2O, very nice but a hair too bulky for my taste. Summer I use a pair of yellow dishwashing gloves. They obviously don't give the protection but totally waterproof, with no loss in dexterity. I am currently looking into another pair of Rev'it waterproof gloves with no insulation in them for summer rain riding.

I have a set of the Aerostich triple digit gloves. They are worn over your regular summer glove. Usually I don't bother putting them on. I have hand guards... & they keep most rain off of my hands as long as I'm moving.

I use Elkskin Ropers and have the Aerostich triple digit gloves for rain protection if it looks to be a long soaker. Also have hand guards that work real well at keeping the rain off at speed....as soon as you stop though, it's all over.
biggrin.png

Edited in: For a long time, until I got the Ropers, I used the Aerostich Vegan gloves (they have short and long varieties). Good, lightweight glove that dries out very quickly.

Last edited by a moderator: