Got any good ideas to paint helmet ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lunch truck larry

Reaction score
Won a little money on the Super Bowl , and thought I'd have my big plain white helmet painted . Met an airbrush artist ,and for about $300.00 bucks ,He said he could do just about anything I could come up with . Got any cool idea's .....

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a supplier of reflective graphics for helmets several years ago for a plain black snowmobile helmet. I picked color and graphics that closely matched my machine. You may search around a little before spending that much cash. IIRC the set was less than $50. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Orange with brown and white stripes along the crown. Like this:

30106_PL_Browns_3.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My best friend did that, had an absolutely gorgeous design painted on his helmet.

Never rode with it. Picked up a new white one instead.

Won a little money on the Super Bowl , and thought I'd have my big plain white helmet painted . Met an airbrush artist ,and for about $300.00 bucks ,He said he could do just about anything I could come up with . Got any cool idea's .....
Leave it white and spend the money on gas and ride to a destination that you've wanted to go.

Money well spent, memories gained!

For the techno sci fi nerd - a star wars rebel helmet

Airbrush always makes me nervous. Kinda like a tattoo, you put your money down and take your chances. A buddy of mine had an Rf1100 airbrushed years ago- the artist talked a great game, but when it was done, it had muddy colors and not very clear definition. So several hundred dollars later, he hated that helmet.

Get a vinyl wrap - if you don't like it after a bit peel it off and you are back where you started.