GPS Mount for FJR Garmin Nuvi 760

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bababang

Reaction score
All

I'm trying to set up my older Garman Nuvi 760 GPS to my FJR, I know there are the Zumo, but can't justify the cost, at least not now untilt trying the Nuvi first. Does anybody know of a good mounting solution for the Nuvi? Also, what is the best way to route power to the unit? Its an older model and I'm sure the battery is shot. The Nuvi has bluetooth to play MP3 and route phone calls.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, that's a pretty easy one.

go to this website it's gps city, they have a ton of ram ball mounting items. don't think my link is the right one for you, so search the site and you'll find it. Mine is a nuvi 760 and it's all there. Additionally you'll need an attachment to the back of the "cradle". it will have a ram ball on it. Then you'll need a ram ball on your fjr and an "arm" to attach them.

it really only amounts to maybe 25 or 30 bucks for everything. and of course the ram ball on the feej and the attaching arm can be used for all of your ram mount stuff.

Haven't tested this yet, but I think a simple 12v socket conversion thing to a usb connection will allow you to have power from the little compartment box.

Lastly, my 760 has ability to put the output to fm radio. And since I have a little Sansa Clip mp3 thing that also receives FM, I use that to listen to music from the 760 and then it interrupts that for directions. It's pretty cool. If doing this, be sure plug in some old 3.5mm plug and wire to wrap the wire around the handlebars. It will act like an FM antenna and make it usable. Otherwise it's too much static.

good luck.

yeah, that's a pretty easy one.

go to this website it's gps city, they have a ton of ram ball mounting items. don't think my link is the right one for you, so search the site and you'll find it. Mine is a nuvi 760 and it's all there. Additionally you'll need an attachment to the back of the "cradle". it will have a ram ball on it. Then you'll need a ram ball on your fjr and an "arm" to attach them.

it really only amounts to maybe 25 or 30 bucks for everything. and of course the ram ball on the feej and the attaching arm can be used for all of your ram mount stuff.

Haven't tested this yet, but I think a simple 12v socket conversion thing to a usb connection will allow you to have power from the little compartment box.

Lastly, my 760 has ability to put the output to fm radio. And since I have a little Sansa Clip mp3 thing that also receives FM, I use that to listen to music from the 760 and then it interrupts that for directions. It's pretty cool. If doing this, be sure plug in some old 3.5mm plug and wire to wrap the wire around the handlebars. It will act like an FM antenna and make it usable. Otherwise it's too much static.

good luck.

thanks for the suport, I'll look into the website. I've taken the time to set up the Nuvi 760 bluetooth to pair up my cell phone. I took a phone call and I think the garmin is programmed to use the internal microphone inside the unit. The signal quality was poor on the caller side, but I could hear the caller good enough in my earbuds. the voice and MP3 player work very well through the earbuds. I'm looking to purchase the SENA SMH10 and should have more control on the volume level there.

Latest posts