Greetings all from Western Pennsylvania

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zpetrus

Reaction score
Well I just purchased what I thought was a mouse hotel - habitrail, but it turns out it is a 2005 FJR1300 with only 5000 miles! Imagine my surprise! Seeing as a running motorbike is probably worth more than a mouse hotel I thought I would evict the rodents and try to resurrect the old girl. It was last licensed in 2007 so clearly the mice enjoyed it more then the landlord. Looking forward to the help this site will provide as I tear this bike down to its components, clear, refurbish, and reassemble it. here are some Photos just unloaded from the trailer and rinsed.

Attachments

• PXL_20220518_185526448.jpg
    PXL_20220518_185526448.jpg
    5 MB · Views: 28
  • PXL_20220518_210852492.jpg
    PXL_20220518_210852492.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 26
Don't know how much work that's going to make for you but looks like you've got a solid canvas to start with. Some nice farkles too. Good luck and welcome.

Hey OP, good luck in your resurrection journey.
Is that original (5K miles) really the total running history of that FJR? Man, what a waste - that thing was barely broken in from the factory.

Hope it all works out for you.

Welcome from the Big Apple and congrats on your new ride. That's quite a find and it sounds like you like the wrenching as much as the riding. Enjoy! (y)

3 items of concern,Gas tank, injectors and fuel pump. The injectors are easy enogh to remove with patience

Welcome from Western PA as well. Good luck with the project. Hope to see you up and running soon. Project posts are appreciated.